FERP, PPRA and NCLB
Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act - (FERPA)
Protection of Pupil Rights Amendment (PPRA)
No Child Left Behind - (NCLB)
These notices include information on:
- A parent's right to inspect/amend education records
- The release of certain directory information without written consent (e.g. yearbook, honor roll, graduation programs)
- The release of information to military recruiters, college/university recruiters and prospective employers and your right to instruct us to not release that information
- Your rights regarding the districts use of surveys and certain physical exams
- And a letter informing parents of students in schools that receive Title I funds (Crawford-Rodriguez, Rosenauer, Holman and Switlik Elementary Schools) of their Right to Know qualifications of teachers and our Title I parental involvement policy (#2415.04)
Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying
A copy of our district policy against bullying harassment and intimidation (#5512) You may have received this policy in a condensed form from your building principal. It is important to note that this policy applies to all acts of harassment, intimidation and bullying that occur on school property, at school-sponsored functions or on a school bus.Our district uses a number of approaches to encourage students to respect each other and to report any and all behavior that could be construed as bullying. We encourage you to speak to your child about this subject and to discuss the protections offered through this policy.Please also see additional Anti-Bullying Information on our website for information to help the district, parents and students prevent, discuss and handle incidents of bullying. This site also lists the contact information for our District Anti-Bullying Coordinator and School Anti-Bullying Specialists.
Integrated Pest Managment (IPM)
An annual Integrated Pest Management Notice, which details our policy regarding the use of pesticides and a list of the pesticides used over the past year.
A copy of the Jackson School District's Integrated Pest Management Plan policy (Policy#7422)
Asbestos Management Plan (AMP)
Our Asbestos Management Plan notice in accordance with the Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) 40 CFR 763 subpart E.
As part of this inspection process, we are required to notify parents, faculty, and staff annually of any pertinent changes in the district relating to asbestos containing materials. The inspection reports are on file at each of our schools and a complete district-wide set is available in the Administration Building, 151 Don Connor Blvd., Jackson NJ 08527.
Our AHEARA Designated Person Statement of Responsibilities for 2016-2017.
Physical Education and Health Requirements and Grading Information
For parents and students at the high school level, these are the rules and requirements for Physical Education and Health classes at the high school. Acknowledging this on our annual notices form is required for your student to receive a Physical Education locker.
Media Violence and Youth
Information on Media Violence and Youth from the state of New Jersey. This information includes how parents can limit a child’s exposure to violence on television, cell phones, computers, and other electronic devices.
- Substance Abuse - #5530
- Pupil Discipline/Code of Conduct Policy - #5600 and Regulation #5600
- Sexual Harassment Policy - #5751
- Electronic Surveillance in School Buildings and on School Grounds Policy - #7441
- Preparedness for Toxic Hazard Policy - #8431
- Monitoring Devices on School Vehicles Policy - #8690