January Principal's Message
January 10, 2017
Dear Holman Families:
Happy New Year and Welcome Back! I hope that everyone was able to enjoy the long Winter Break with friends and family.
Holman Elementary School announces their 2016-2017 Governor’s Educators of the Year, Mrs. Stephanie Macaluso and Mrs. Sherry Mucia who have been recognized for their dedication and commitment to our Holman students. Congratulations to Mrs. Macaluso and Mrs. Mucia!
The next HOPE meeting will be on January 18th, 2017 at 7:00pm in the Holman IMC.
HOPE will be sponsoring a Designer Bag Bingo on Friday, January 20th (doors open at 6:30PM).
Come and see our Fifth Grade Chorus Concert, under the direction of Mr. Mark Grayce, on Thursday, January 26th. Please join us at Jackson Liberty High School; the performance begins promptly at 7:00 PM. (Fifth grade students are to arrive at 6:30 PM) Enjoy the show!
Please review and update your emergency information contacts in the event that we need to use this information should we have an emergency early closing due to inclement weather. You may do this in Parent Link.
With the weather getting colder, please visit the district website for all information involving school closings and delays. You may find this information by starting on the district’s main site (www.jacksonsd.org), highlighting the “For Parents & Students” tab and clicking on “School Closing Information”.
In the event of a delayed opening, please remember that
- School will start TWO hours later than the scheduled start time.
- MORNING CHILDCARE is CANCELLED when there is a delayed opening
- Continue to check the district and school web page, as well as the Holman Student Handbook, for more information. You can always call the school directly if you have any questions.
Remember, before sending your child out to the bus stop or dropping them off at school, please take a few moments to make sure that they are dressed appropriately for the weather. Students should come to Holman School wearing clothing that keeps them warm during the school day. Dressing your child in multiple light layers is recommended so that they can remove the top layer if they get too warm while indoors. As the temperatures get colder, please make sure that your child is also wearing the appropriate outerwear, such as a jacket, gloves, hat, etc.
During these colder mornings, I have noticed that more parents/guardians have been utilizing the carline to bring their children to school. The line for the AM carline has been much longer than normal. Please be mindful of the AM Carline Procedures below:
A.M. Carline Procedures:
- Student drop off is between 8:35 A.M. and 8:45 A.M. at the SOUTH entrance (the entrance on the right hand side of the building by the loading dock)
- Students must exit the car/vehicle from the PASSENGER/CURBSIDE ONLY in the designated area with teacher supervision – Please wait your turn….thanks!
- Students are not permitted to walk across the parking lot unattended.
- Please follow the “traffic flow” as designated by the cones
- Be aware of traffic pattern; please do not move ahead or cut across the line
- South entrance doors (the doors by the loading dock) close and are locked promptly at 8:45 A.M.; therefore, there is no access into the building from here after 8:45 A.M. If you arrive late to the carline (after 8:45am), please park in the south parking lot (the lot on the right hand side of the building by the fields.) Late students must be escorted by an adult and signed in via the front entrance.
Thank you for your continued cooperation.
Looking and Planning Ahead:
On Tuesday, January 19th, the Board of Education Meeting will be held at 6:30 pm in the JMHS Fine Arts Auditorium.
Principal, Holman Elementary