Homework for the parents. It would be a big help and much appreciated if you could please work with your child at rolling up their sleeping blanket and also putting on their jackets.
This week we will be discussing who works at our school and how we can be part of a group.
Please label all items with your child's name or initials as many children have the same items and they easily get mixed up as they are learning where to put their belongings.
Please keep all toys at home. There are plenty of toys in class and I wouldn't want them to get mixed up or lost.
What your child will need:
- Regular size backpack big enough to fit a folder
- Small blanket, roll up sleeping mat or fitted sheet (they would need to be able to get it on their mat independently)
- A small stuffed animal (only one please)
- Healthy snack and drink
- Lunch and drink (if they are not buying lunch)
- Change of clothing to leave at school (please put clothes in a ziploc bag with their name on it)
- Diapers and wipes if needed
- School ID
- Sneakers for daily outdoor play
- Appropriate clothing for the outdoors (keep in mind we go out most days)
Also, if your child is getting school lunch occasionally, please put a note in their folder with their choice. If they will be getting lunch every day, please let me know.
Monday: Book - Neighborhood Song - Wear Blue
Tuesday: Book - The Gingerbread Man - Wear Yellow or Gold
Wednesday: Book - Neighborhood Song - Wear a shirt or jersey with numbers on it
Thursday: Book - The Gingerbread Man - Wear Pajamas
Friday: Book - Hooray, A Pinata - Wear mismatched clothes
Online Backpack: Go to jacksonsd.org - Select Elms School on the top right from the drop down menu - Select Our District on top left - Select Online Backpack from the drop down menu
This page contains flyers and forms that in the past were printed and sent home with students. The change to an online "backpack'' is just one way the Jackson School District is trying to "go green'' to save money, preserve resources, increase efficiency and promote parental involvement.
Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns at email@example.com
I am available for phone calls most days from 8:45am - 8:55am and 12:45 pm - 1:15 pm.