WELCOME TO MISS LIVERANI'S CLASS PAGE!
I am looking forwrard to the upcoming school year! Please come back and check for updates throughout the year!
Remote Learning for Miss Liverani's Literacy Class- Phase 3
As we enter Phase 3 of Remote Learning, please know that all learning plans and activities for Literacy can be found and completed on my Google Classroom page. Please follow the link below based on the Literacy period for your child. If you have any questions about my Google Classroom page, please contact me via email (email@example.com). As always, I am always happy to help the best way I can!
Links to Literacy Google Classroom Pages
*** All activities are linked to the Google Classroom and a copy has been made for each student to complete daily. If you have any questions about activities on the Google Classroom, please contact me via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). ***
Goetz Yearlong Elective InformationDear Parents,
It is that time of year that we begin preparations for your child to enter the halls of Goetz Middle school. How quickly time has passed since they entered Kindergarten and now they are preparing for the 6th grade!
As part of the course registration process, incoming 6th grade students have a choice to make regarding their schedules. The choices are for their yearlong electives class. They can sign up for ether Band, Chorus or Career Explorations. I have attached for you a Google Form with a complete video description of these choices to this email.
The deadline to complete this form with your child is Friday, May 22nd.
The Faculty and Staff at Goetz look forward to welcoming you to our Family!
Look for our "Virtual 6th Grade Orientation Video" coming out later this week!
Please note that our classroom is a nut-free classroom. Please do not send any tree nut or peanut containing products to your child’s classroom during classroom celebrations or as a snack each day. We are asking your assistance in providing these students with a safe learning environment. Thank you for your cooperation!
LET ‘S WORK TOGETHER:
Student Safety is always paramount at Switlik School. We are asking for help in allowing our staff to focus on our shared goal of keeping our children safe and focused on learning. We appreciate your continued support and collaboration with us in ensuring that all students are safe.
ENTRANCE PROCEDURES: Valid Photo Identification is required each time you visit the school. We ask that you wait 20 minutes after student arrival to approach the building to be signed in for your visit. (Exceptions are made for scheduled appointments approved by your child’s principal/teacher/counselor.
- All visitors will notify the receptionist using the buzzer by the visitor doors.
- At the buzzer, all visitors are required to present their valid photo identification to the camera, state the purpose of their visit and/or specify with whom they have the appointment or which student they are picking up.
- At the second set of doors, buzz again for access to reception.
- This includes drop off and pick up for morning and aftercare
Please do not hold the door open for others behind you. We realize this feels awkward and against the rules of good manners, but it’s important that each visitor be acknowledged individually through the buzzer system.
- If the appointment and/or purpose is verified, the visitor will be buzzed in and must present themselves to the receptionists immediately upon entry.
- The visitor’s ID will be held until the visitor leaves the building and the visitor will receive a guest badge. This procedure helps us to know that the visitor has departed by ensuring they leave the same way they arrived.
- Please limit “dropped off” items to only those items your child truly needs during the school day (e.g. necessary clothing changes, important schoolwork or lunch/items that are required for that day). Using the buzzer by the visiting door, inform the receptionists these items are on the cart outside the visitor door.
ARRIVAL PROCEDURES: Please be advised at no time should any vehicle be entering or exiting through our bus ramp during arrival or dismissal times. Please review and adhere to the following:
Arrival Time: 8:50-9:05 a.m. We will not have staff on duty before this time.
- No child should be left off at the school without a staff member in attendance.
- Morning arrival for children is located at the back of the building (gym vestibule entrance).
- Parents who choose the “Kiss and Drop” loop should adhere to the following safety procedures:
- Pull up to the gym vestibule entrance doors to drop off your child.
- Parents are to remain in their vehicles at all times.
- Students must exit from the passenger side door.
- Parents will not be permitted to enter the building during drop off arrival time.
- Do not pass other vehicles while children are exiting from vehicle, this can create a dangerous situation.
- Stay in the right lane along the curb, pull up to the red line:
After 9:05 a.m., the start of the school day, parents dropping off their children must park in the main parking lot and escort them inside to the main office receptionist desk in order to sign them in. At this time, children are considered late. Valid Photo Identification is required each time you visit the school.
No child is to be dropped off at the main entrance without a parent/ guardian signing them in.
Parent Pick Up:
- Doors at the back of the building (gym vestibule entrance) for parent pick up will open at 3:05 p.m.
- Present your valid photo identification to the receptionists prior to signing your child out.
- Follow instructions of receptionists as to where to stand while waiting for your child to arrive.
- Please do not park in the bus lane during this time.
- Parents wishing to pick their students up from childcare may begin to do so at 3:15 p.m. We ask that parents wait until dismissal is complete before signing out childcare students.
EARLY DISMISSAL: will conclude at 2:45 p.m. Any parent who wishes to sign out their child after 2:45 p.m. will wait until dismissal at 3:10 p.m. Please refer to the Switlik School Handbook.
If you will be picking your child up early, we prefer you notify the school as early in advance as you can, but at least by the morning of pick up. This can be done through a note sent in with the child, or an email to the teacher and principal. In the event of a true emergency, please contact the school reception desk by phone (732) 833-4650 extension 4135, prior to arrival if possible. We realize there are often instances where early pick-up is necessary (medical or other appointments), but we respectfully ask that you limit early sign-outs to only times when they are necessary.
Miss Liverani 2019-2020 Supply List (Suggested)
1- 1.5-2 inch Binder
3- 1 Subject Notebooks (Different Colors)
3- Plastic Folders (3-holes; Different Colors)
1 or 2- Package of Sheet Protectors
1- Pair of Headphones
1- Package of Post-it Notes
1- Package of Pencils
1- Package of Red/Green pens
1- Package Highlighters
1- Package Colored Pencils
1 or 2- Glue Sticks
1- Box Tissues
Class Special Area Schedule for Liverani Homeroom
Don't forget to visit your Special Area teachers' class pages weekly to complete your required assignments.
Monday- Art- Miss Martinez
Tuesday- Music- Mr. Morgan
Wednesday- World Language- Mr. Luell
Thursday- Computers- Mr. Autenreith
Friday- Gym- Mr. Hamdi
Book Club Google Meets
Check your student email for a scheduled date and time for your Book Club Session
Goetz SpiritWearThe Goetz Spirit wear online store is open until 6/2/2020!!Use code G2020.