Effective Study/Review Methods:
Below is a small list of opportunities to better prepare yourselves for your responsibilities, quizzes and tests.
These methods can increase your overall knowledge base of the material we are working on, and ultimately help you remember, understand and explain the information necessary to achieve quality grades.
1. Completing the nightly homework as instructed in order to work with small digestible bits of information, rather than doing everything all at once at the last minute.
2. Flash Cards: Answer on one side, question on the other for self-quizzing.
3. Recording Audio explanations of notes, vocabulary, diagrams and videos as a report that can be played back.
4. Verbal and Repetitive quizzing with another family member.
5. Redrawing/Fully Labeling ALL Diagrams/Illustrating class models, diagrams and/or lab result photos.
6. Creating Foldable Study Guides with construction paper where kids can fold the paper so that questions are visible and answers are not unless folded over.
7. Filming a Video explanation of the notes, diagrams, concepts and posted videos from the class page where the student becomes the teacher for personal playback.
8. Rewriting Notes on another sheet of paper, paraphrasing the ideas in the student’s own words.
Additional Information and Explanations as to the use and reasoning of
effective Review Strategies.
Present or turn in evidence that any of these options have been utilized, are complete and are not the priginal notes/work, and you will then earn 5 points on your next assessment.