Greetings students and families!
Welcome to 7th and 8th Grade Literacy. We have a busy and exciting year ahead.
Every student is now equipped with a district-issued Chromebook. With this advantage, most assignments will be completed online. However, there are a few items that I ask each student to have for class each day:
- Headphones (Check Chromebook compatibility)
- Black or Blue Pens
- Sticky notes
- Independent reading book
Be sure to charge the Chromebooks at home or bring your charger to school, as extra chargers are not available in our classroom.
I also encourage you to sign up for the Google Classroom Updates. These are sent directly from Google to your email address.
If you ever have any questions or concerns—about grades, assignments, expectations, or anything else—please don't hesitate to reach out.
Feel free to email me at email@example.com.
All the Best,
Where to Find Books Online
- The school library is available online! You can use the link for directions to the Goetz library here and then follow these instructions to borrow a book.
- Audible from Amazon is offering a wide selection of books for free.
- OverDrive is a free app that allows you to login with your public library account and access digital books from there.
- The Library of Congress is also offering free digital books.
- If you're able, the Kindle app is a paid service for books on a smart device.