Phase II - Elementary (PreK-5) Remote Learning Plans
Teachers will be moving students forward in their instruction. Lessons and assignments will be posted beginning Monday, March 30 at 8 a.m. on EACH TEACHER’S CLASS PAGE.
To access class pages, go to the school website and look for the black bar across the top for the link that reads “Teacher Pages”. Click on that link. For a quick lesson, see our Video on How to View a Teacher’s Page.
Teacher Class Pages:
- Check your teacher’s Class Page EVERY DAY for assignments and information.
- If teachers are using Google Classroom or another method, information on how to access that link will be posted on the teacher’s class pages.
- Assignments and lessons may consist of watching a video, or participating in a Google Hangout Meet.
- Be sure to check the Special Area (Unified Arts) teachers’ lessons and activities as well. These suggested activities can be found on the Special Area Teachers’ Class Pages and also on the Phase II Special Area Resources and Activities Page.
Google Classroom Tips:
- If you need to work on a document from your teacher, you can make a digital copy of the document and then complete any work.
- The copied document can then be submitted or shared to your teacher in Google Classroom.
- If you need help navigating Google Classroom, see the Parents Guide to Understanding Google Classroom or contact your child’s teacher.
The guidelines listed below are intended to help students, families and teachers in scheduling the best times to communicate with one another.
- 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. is the window of time teachers will be available.
- Email remains the best way to reach a teacher.
- Remember that breaks, lunch and balance of work is important.
- Don’t forget to check out the Unified Arts (Special Area) Teachers’ pages for activities to break up the day.
Grading and Attendance:
- Submission of work will count as attendance
- Daily Assignments will be graded as classwork, homework, and participation.
- One graded assignment/assessment each week will be completed in ELA, Math and Social Studies/Science. Teachers will communicate what the graded assignment is beforehand.
Related Services such as physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech will be arranged individually with the instructor and parent.
These are parameters for school work and availability of teachers. However, the wellbeing of our staff, students and parents/guardians is our priority. School work is important, but we also recognize that this is a stressful time for everyone and we want our staff and families to have a healthy balance of work and family time. Please stay in communication with your child’s teacher. If more time is needed for assignments, let them know.
We also have many suggested activities and tips to manage stress and stay on task. See our Social Emotional Links, Activities and Videos and also our Supporting Our Staff, Our Students and Each Other Page.