The week from October 4th to October 8th is Week of Respect!
The goal of this week is to create a positive and accepting school culture so that every student at McAuliffe can feel safe and comfortable at school, and be ready to learn. During Week of Respect, students can participate by completing different acts of respect from the challenge board. Students can email pictures or videos of themselves completing the different activities to Miss O’Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org. The homeroom (advisory period) that participates the most will win a prize!
As well, there will be theme dress days :)
Monday “Wave Goodbye to Bullying”
- Wear Blue to represent that you’re an upstander to bullying
- Wave to others in the hallway when you’re walking to class
Tuesday “Kind Words are Music to the World”
- Wear a t-shirt with your favorite band or musical artist
Wednesday “Give Peace a Chance”
- Wear Tie-Dye or as many colors as you can
Thursday “Team up Against Bullying”
- Wear a Jersey or a shirt with a team logo
Friday “Unite to Respect”
- Wear McAuliffe spirit wear or school colors (red/gray)
Below I have attached the Week of Respect Challenge Board, a video explaining Week of Respect, and more info! Be sure to check it out :)
As always, please reach out with any concerns or questions by emailing me or visiting me in the guidance department.
Miss O'Brien (she/hers)