Welcome to the Instructional Media Center / IMC (School Library)
Normally, books may be checked out for one or two weeks.
During the 2018-2019 school year:
- Grades K-2 will have a class in the library every week.
- Third grade will focus on aquaponics for for the first trimester.
- Fourth grade will focus on aquaponics for the second trimester.
- Fifth grade will focus on aquaponics for the third trimester.
- Grades 3-5 will have book exchanges every other week.
Classes are scheduled to visit the library on these days:
- Monday: Agoston, Frenville, Guedes, Konopack, Lokerson, Paquette, Ribera, Rudenjak, Rutyna, Sulia, Tice
- Tuesday: Cortez, Garnett, O'Brien, Ribera (technology class),
- Wednesday: Hussa, Murray, Schaller, Zecca
- Thursday: Brenner, Brucculeri, Hreha, Kravitz, Langer, Morrow
- Friday: D'Ambrosio, Giaconia, Longo, Paradise, Prugno
Second graders have learned how to search our Destiny library catalog to find books in the Elms IMC. They can show you this at home! They are reading good series books.
Third graders have completed their aquaponics unit, and will soon be reading mystery fiction. They did some planting and learned how to test the tank water.
Fourth graders have started their aquaponics unit, which will continue throughout the second marking period. They have learned how to test the tank water, and will be planting seeds soon. They are starting to read electronic books, and can show you this at home!
Fifth graders did research about the U.S. westward expansion, and will be considering debate topics with different viewpoints.
Elms Elementary School has recently installed an aquaponics garden next to the IMC. To see more photos, or to see a list of electronic books about plants, fish, and ecocystems, please click here.
Our tank now has several little goldfish and several larger koi.
The IMC goals are to:
- teach the students to use information effectively
- teach the students to use information responsibly
- encourage students to be life-long readers
- encourage life-long learning
- provide support to the teachers and the curriculum
To contact the Media Specialist, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also enjoy The Joy of Reading: "Happy" by Pharrell Williams.