Welcome to our literacy class!!
I am really looking forward to watching you grow as READERS, WRITERS, SPEAKERS and THINKERS!
Throughout the year, we will be discovering the POWER of WORDS, both our own and those of others.
Be sure to visit this page often for important information about our class.
Here's to a GREAT SCHOOL YEAR!
Please remember to bring your COMPLETED summer reading assignments -- reading log and double-entry journal -- to class with you on THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 5.
These supplies should be with you in CLASS by Friday, September 6. If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact me via email.
- TWO single-subject spiral-bound notebooks (NO BINDERS please)
- TWO composition notebook
- THREE large glue sticks
- Highlighters (multiple colors REQUIRED)
- Pens (multiple colors REQUIRED)
- Several (at least 6) packs of Post-It Notes (3x3 or larger preferred)
- TWO heavy-duty 2-pocket folder
AND a BOOK to read (ALWAYS)!!
Tissue and Clorox wipe donations are greatly appreciated!!! Thank you
- Please refer to Google Classroom for the most up-to-date classwork and homework assignments.
- It is my goal to have an extensive library of books available for students. To help keep my library stocked with current books, I am always looking for donations. If you have books at home that your child has finished reading, I would welcome adding them to the library.
- Thank you!
Important Dates and Deadlines
E-mail and website: With everyone’s busy schedule, I know technology can be a quick and easy way to stay connected. My class website will be growing as the year progresses. On it, you will find class information, schedules, special events, and due dates! Be sure to bookmark it, as I expect you will be checking it quite often! You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org Email is likely the quickest way to get in touch with me, but if you would prefer a phone conversation, just email me your phone number and a preferred time to call you and I will do my best to reach you as soon as possible.
Looking forward to a memorable and exciting year!
Please check out our Google Classroom!