"ALL I REALLY NEED TO KNOW I LEARNED IN KINDERGARTEN"
My email is
Have a happy and safe Halloween!
Red Ribbon Week
October 26th - October 30: This week and every day hereafter, Holman students will pledge to lead a drug and alcohol free life. Each day this week, we will show each other and our friends and family in and out of school that we will not become involved with drugs by showing all different ways we can do that. Every day this week will have a different theme, bringing focus to us all leading healthier, drug free lives:
- Monday, October 26th— Proud to be Drug Free - Wear RED to kick off Red Ribbon Week
- Tuesday, October 27th—Team up Against Drugs - Wear a team jersey or shirt
- Wednesday, October 28th—Put a Cap on Drugs – Wear your favorite hat OR GROUP 1: Wear your Halloween costume to school
- Thursday, October 29th— Lei Off Drugs - Wear a Hawaiian shirt or a lei OR Group 2: Wear your Halloween costume to school
- Friday, October 30th— My Future is Bright - No Drugs in Sight - Wear neon or bright colors
In keeping with the spirit of fun, children may dress in costumes on Wednesday, October 28th (Group 1) or Thursday, October 29th (Group 2), if they wish. Children who choose to participate should come to school dressed in their costumes and be prepared to remain in their costumes all day. Please keep in mind that costumes should be comfortable and allow for children to move freely and should not depict any sort of violence. Remember that your child will need to sit, write, walk, and eat lunch and/or snack as well as do other school-related activities. If your child chooses to wear a costume, it should lend itself to these activities.
Of course, safety is the utmost concern. In order to provide for a safe, fun experience for all, please be sure to adhere to the following precautions:
- Facial Masks (for COVID prevention) must continue to be worn all day.
- COSTUME MASKS may NOT be worn at any time.
- Please plan to apply make-up at home.
- Fake weapon accessories are prohibited. (Costume peripherals should stay at home, please.) Costumes must be school dress code appropriate.
- There will be no classroom celebrations involving outside relatives or visitors. Due to COVID protocols in place, parents/guardians/guests will not be permitted in the building this year.
PLEASE FILL OUT THE DAILY HEALTH SCREENING
IN THE PARENT PORTAL EVERY DAY.
REMEMBER TO WEAR A FACE COVERING.
PLEASE PACK AN EXTRA FACE COVERING IN A ZIP LOCK BAG FOR YOUR CHILD, JUST IN CASE HE/SHE MAY NEED IT.
You can also send in an extra bottle of water for your child. Please put his/her name on it.
JOIN OUR GOOGLE CLASSROOM.
All you willl need for Kindergarten is a
bookbag that fits 9X12 papers. I have
everything else they will need for
Week of October 26-30
Daily Specials (9:15-9:45)
Monday- Group 2-Art-Ms. Many
Tuesday- Group 1-Media-Ms. Schadl
Wednesday-Group 2-Media-Ms. Schadl
Thursday-Group 1-Tech-Mrs. Johnson
Friday-Group 2-Art-Ms. Many
Friday is Group 2 in-person day.
Remember on the remote days to attend
my virtual lesson
Attendance will be taken.
For Remote Learning this week,
there will be a review packet that will come home. Please complete a page or two each remote day.
Group 1 packet due 10/28
Group 2 packet due 10/30
WHAT ARE WE LEARNING THIS WEEK
Assessment 1 will come home last week.
Plese sign and return the assessment.
(I will return the sheet for at home practice)
Please practice all circled items.
ABC cards came home for at home practice.
Letters : a and g
t-top-/t/; b-bat-/b/; f-fun /f/
n-nut-/n/n/; m-man /m/; i-itch /i/
u-umbrella/u/, c-cat /c/; o-octopus /o/;
a-apple/a/; g-game /g/
Words: at play
I, go, to, the, a, we, look, see, like,my,at,play
Please cut the words sent home and put them on the ring. Remember only practice the words we are learning.
Compare numbers 0-5
Please label everything with your child's name.
You can send in a water bottle for your child.
Please put his/her name on it.
School meals are available. When your child would like to have a school lunch. Please check out the menu on the Jackson School District Food Service Dept. (Food Service Department)
We ask the children daily if they would like a cold or hot lunch.
Please discuss this with your child before school.
Have a great week!!
Enter teacher username: EOlszuk