Welcome To Our Class Page!
I can be reached at email@example.com
Have a wonderful, safe summer! Please be sure to practice x facts, read, and fill out your summer reading log that will be returned to school in September.
Once I activate the link you can join. You can't see the link or join until I actually start the meeting. Here are the directions for students to try with their parents. Hopefully all goes well, and we will be able to see each other.
1. Sign into your gmail account.
2. Click on Mrs. Slomin's Google Classroom.
3. On Stream Page, at the top, click Meet.
4. Then on Classwork Page, at the top, click Meet.
5. Find the class video meeting and click the link. (Remember the link won't be there until the meeting begins.)
6. To join click Join Now.
7. To allow Meet to use your camera and microphone, click Allow.
8. When the Meet is over, to leave click Leave Call. Students must all leave first. I will leave last to close our Meet.
There will be NO parties, events, field trips, or assemblies until further notice.
- Visitors will be limited to 1-2 visitors per student.
- Visit the “New” Visitor Sign up Genius Link on your teacher’s class page.
- Please understand that if your name is not on the list, you may not be allowed to enter the class party.
- Each guest will receive a ticket that must be presented when you sign in with the receptionists at the main entrance.
- Tickets are non-transferrable.
- Please refrain from cell phone/camera use while visiting your child’s classroom. Not all parents have consented to have their children photographed.
- Any student who plans on being signed out early by someone other than their parent/guardian, must be accompanied with a note stating permission.
Report Cards: Please be sure you are ready to access your child’s report card on the district portal website. Report cards will be available on the portal. Also, please remember that if your Portal log-in does not work, please try the “Forgot My Password” link above BEFORE contacting support, as most issues will be resolved through that feature. Please note that the “Forgot Password” link will work only with parents who have an e-mail as their login ID. For questions or problems with your login ID’s or password (or if you do not have them), please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name and phone number, as well as your child’s name, school, grade, student ID number and the problem you are experiencing and we will respond to you as quickly as possible
Thank you for all those tissues and wipes!
* WE ARE A PEANUT / TREE NUT FREE CLASSROOM! We have students with severe allergies. Please do not send food containing peanuts or tree nuts or food prepared with peanuts or tree nuts to our classroom. Thank you!
If you need to pick your child up from school early, you must write a note and send it to school with your child on that day. Also, send in a note for any dismissal changes.
Please bring in fully charged Chromebooks each day that you are in school.
*Supplies needed: extra pencils, a folder, and a smock with your name
*Donations of tissues and wipes are always appreciated.
COVID Protocols - Parent Morning Screening, No Eating In The Classroom, Any Allergies To Sanitizer, Face Covering Is REQUIRED
Lunch - A bagged lunch is recommended. Lunch may be purchased.
Bring a water bottle from home.
Students will read books on their individual level. Our current unit is called "Building A Reading Life". During reading lessons students will learn reading skills and strategies. They will show what they learned by keeping a reading notebook.
Group 1 Class Code: 4A777D Password: 1234 Don't change the password!
Group 2 Class Code: AJVCHX Password: 1234 Don't change the password!
Students will keep a writing folder and will be writing narrative pieces. We will start with a pre-writing sample and end the unit with a post-writing sample.
This is a multisensory approach that provides a foundation for reading, spelling and handwriting.
Students will be learning multiplication strategies followed by division strategies. Please help your child practice multiplication and division facts until they are memorized.
You will be able to access the Envision math online. Log into your district Google account (or Gmail). Your email is your student ID@jacksonsd.org (no spaces)
Your password is your initials student ID (no spaces)
Go to the top and click on the "waffle" for Google apps.
Scroll down to Easy Bridge Envision Math and click.
Click Realze on the right.
Students will be learning about the U.S. government.
user name: switlik (all lowercase)
password: school (all lowercase)
Students will be learning about forces and motion.
We will be learning about ways we can make healthy choices throughout
Be a bucket filler each and every day!
LET ‘S WORK TOGETHER:
Student Safety is always paramount at Switlik School. We are asking for help in allowing our staff to focus on our shared goal of keeping our children safe and focused on learning. We appreciate your continued support and collaboration with us in ensuring that all students are safe.
ENTRANCE PROCEDURES: Valid Photo Identification is required each time you visit the school. We ask that you wait 20 minutes after student arrival to approach the building to be signed in for your visit. (Exceptions are made for scheduled appointments approved by your child’s principal/teacher/counselor.
- All visitors will notify the receptionist using the buzzer by the visitor doors.
- At the buzzer, all visitors are required to present their valid photo identification to the camera, state the purpose of their visit and/or specify with whom they have the appointment or which student they are picking up.
- At the second set of doors, buzz again for access to reception.
- This includes drop off and pick up for morning and aftercare
Please do not hold the door open for others behind you. We realize this feels awkward and against the rules of good manners, but it’s important that each visitor be acknowledged individually through the buzzer system.
- If the appointment and/or purpose is verified, the visitor will be buzzed in and must present themselves to the receptionists immediately upon entry.
- The visitor’s ID will be held until the visitor leaves the building and the visitor will receive a guest badge. This procedure helps us to know that the visitor has departed by ensuring they leave the same way they arrived.
- Please limit “dropped off” items to only those items your child truly needs during the school day (e.g. necessary clothing changes, important schoolwork or lunch/items that are required for that day). Using the buzzer by the visiting door, inform the receptionists these items are on the cart outside the visitor door.
ARRIVAL PROCEDURES: Please be advised at no time should any vehicle be entering or exiting through our bus ramp during arrival or dismissal times. Please review and adhere to the following:
Arrival Time: 8:50-9:05 a.m. We will not have staff on duty before this time.
- No child should be left off at the school without a staff member in attendance.
- Morning arrival for children is located at the back of the building (gym vestibule entrance).
- Parents who choose the “Kiss and Drop” loop should adhere to the following safety procedures:
- Stay in the right lane along the curb, pull up to the red line:
- Pull up to the gym vestibule entrance doors to drop off your child.
- Parents are to remain in their vehicles at all times.
- Students must exit from the passenger side door.
- Parents will not be permitted to enter the building during drop off arrival time.
- Do not pass other vehicles while children are exiting from vehicle, this can create a dangerous situation.
- Stay in the right lane along the curb, pull up to the red line:
After 9:05 a.m., the start of the school day, parents dropping off their children must park in the main parking lot and escort them inside to the main office receptionist desk in order to sign them in. At this time, children are considered late. Valid Photo Identification is required each time you visit the school.
No child is to be dropped off at the main entrance without a parent/ guardian signing them in.
Parent Pick Up:
- Doors at the back of the building (gym vestibule entrance) for parent pick up will open at 3:05 p.m.
- Present your valid photo identification to the receptionists prior to signing your child out.
- Follow instructions of receptionists as to where to stand while waiting for your child to arrive.
- Please do not park in the bus lane during this time.
- Parents wishing to pick their students up from childcare may begin to do so at 3:15 p.m. We ask that parents wait until dismissal is complete before signing out childcare students.
EARLY DISMISSAL: will conclude at 2:45 p.m. Any parent who wishes to sign out their child after 2:45 p.m. will wait until dismissal at 3:10 p.m. Please refer to the Switlik School Handbook.
If you will be picking your child up early, we prefer you notify the school as early in advance as you can, but at least by the morning of pick up. This can be done through a note sent in with the child, or an email to the teacher and principal. In the event of a true emergency, please contact the school reception desk by phone (732) 833-4650 extension 4135, prior to arrival if possible. We realize there are often instances where early pick-up is necessary (medical or other appointments), but we respectfully ask that you limit early sign-outs to only times when they are necessary.
Our Class Schedule
Social Emotional Learning / Health
S.S. / Science
Lunch 11:35 - 12:05