WELCOME BACK TO THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR
I am so excited to welcome you and your child back to the 2021-2022 school year! I am looking forward to a fun and successful, new year! If you have any questions or concerns, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or send a note in your child’s folder to get in contact with me. The first few days, we will be introducing the students to new procedures, routines and safety protocols. I have listed some important notes below. I cannot wait to meet my new students and see my previous students! It is going to be a great school year!
Thanks so much,
Some things to note:
- Please join my google classroom. My code is 6qzrhf4
- Please SEND in chrome books fully charged EACH school day with your child in their backpack until further notice. The students will be practicing how to log on to the chrome book in school. We will also help the students join special area google classrooms while in school (e.g., art; music; gym; library; computers). We are practicing this in the event that we have to go remote suddenly. We need to be prepared beforehand. The chrome books will RETURN home each day with your child in their backpacks.
- Please send in headphones with your child in a ziplock bag with their name on it. These headphones will STAY in school.
- Please send in 1 or 2 extra masks with your child in their backpack EVERYDAY in the event they need a new one.
- Please send in a snack and water bottle EVERYDAY with your child. We will have snack time in the afternoon as our lunch is at 11:00am this school year.
- Students will eat lunch in the gymnasium this school year. You may either send in lunch with your child or they may purchase lunch from the cafeteria. Please note that snacks nor ice cream will be available for purchase in the cafeteria until further notice.
- School dismissal is 3:10pm each day.
- ALL special areas (e.g., art; music; gym; library; computers) will be held in the special area teacher’s classroom this school year.
- Weekend talk worksheets will be sent home every Friday and will be due back on Monday. “Weekend Talk” is one of our large groups where we work on various VB Mapp social skills goals. Parents may help the student fill out this worksheet.
- Please send in an item every Friday from home that your child would like to share with the class. “Shared Group” is another large group where we continue to work on various VB Mapp social skills goals such as reciprocal conversation, maintaining topic, asking and answering questions, active listening, etc.
- Please have your child bring in their folder EVERY DAY to school.
UPCOMING SCHOOL DATES
***Friday, September 24th***
School Spirit Day (wear crazy socks)
***Monday, September 27th***
School Picture Day
***Wednesday, September 29th at 7pm***
Back to School Night
. . . held at Elms Elementary School
Room #219 (upstairs)
(only one parent to attend due to safety precautions)
***DIRECTIONS TO GET TO MY GOOGLE CLASSROOM***
1. Have child log in to their Jackson District google email
2. Click the link below that will bring you to my google classroom
3. If you have not joined my google classroom, my code is 6qzrhf4
***VIDEO TUTORIAL ON HOW TO JOIN A GOOGLE CLASSROOM***
SPECIAL AREA CLASSROOM WEBPAGE LINKS
Here is a list of donations the class will need throughout the year:
*tissues* *hand sanitizer* *disinfecting wipes* *baby wipes* *stickers*
Thank you so much for any donations you are able to send in!
We truly appreciate them!
SPECIAL AREA SCHEDULE
Computers (all students)
***Please have your child bring their chromebook (fully charged) to school every Monday as they will be utilizing it during computers***
Library (Group #1)
Gym (Group #2)
***Please have your child wear sneakers on Tuesday for gym***
Gym (Group #1)
***Please have your child wear sneakers on Wednesday for gym***
Art (Group #2)
Art (Group #1)
Music (Group #2)
Music (Group #1)
Library (Group #2)
SOCIAL SKILLS AND LIFE SKILLS SMALL/LARGE GROUP ACTIVITIES
Monday - Weekend Talks
***Weekend Talk worksheets will be sent home every Friday and are due back Monday***
Tuesday - Game Day
Wednesday - Life Skills
Thursday - Craft
Friday - Shared Group
***Please have your child bring in an item they would like to share with the class every Friday***