BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT
In case you were unable to make "Back to School Night" on Wednesday, September 23rd, you may view the slideshow presentation below. I'm looking forward to a great school year!
WELCOME BACK TO THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR
I am so excited to welcome you and your child back to the 2020-2021 school year! I am looking forward to a fun and successful, new year! If you have any questions or concerns, please email me firstname.lastname@example.org or send a note in your child’s folder to get in contact with me. The first few days, we will be introducing the students to new procedures, routines and safety protocols. We will also focus on social and emotional learning which is very important since our students have been out of the actual school environment for a few months now. I have listed some important notes below. I cannot wait to meet my new students and see my previous students! It’s going to be a great school year! Thanks so much!
Some things to note:
- Before the student comes into school EACH DAY, you MUST fill out the COVID-19 questionnaire.
- Please SEND in chrome books fully charged EACH school day with your child in their backpack until further notice. The students will be practicing how to log on to the chrome book in school. We will also help the students join special area google classrooms while in school (e.g., art; music; gym; library; computers). We are practicing this in the event that we have to go remote suddenly. We need to be prepared beforehand. The chrome books will RETURN home each day with your child in their backpacks.
- Please send in headphones with your child in a ziplock bag with their name on it. These headphones will STAY in school.
- Please send in 2 masks with your child in their backpack EVERYDAY. We will be practicing wearing our masks in school and training students to wear them for longer periods of time. These masks will go home EVERYDAY in case you may need to wash them or if they are disposable and you want to throw them away.
- Please send in a snack and water bottle EVERYDAY with your child. We will have snack time in the morning.
- Students will eat lunch in the classroom this school year. You may either send in lunch with your child or they may purchase lunch. Please note that snacks nor ice cream will be available for purchase in the cafeteria until further notice.
- Since students are coming five shortened days, they are not required to do remote learning when they get home. When the students get home after school, their school day has ended.
- School dismissal is 1:35pm each day.
- ALL special areas (e.g., art; music; gym; library; computers) will be held remotely within the classroom during the student’s school day.
- Weekend talk worksheets will be sent home every Friday and will be due back on Monday. Weekend talks is one of our large groups where we work on various VB Mapp social skills goals. Parents may help the student fill out this worksheet.
- SCHOOLS CLOSED: Monday, September 28th
- Please have your child bring in their folder EVERY DAY to school. The teacher will provide a folder for your child.
***DIRECTIONS TO GET TO MY GOOGLE CLASSROOM***
1. Have child login to their google email
2. Click the link below that will bring you to my google classroom
SPECIAL AREA CLASSROOM WEBPAGE LINKS:
LIBRARY - https://www.jacksonsd.org/Domain/1233
COMPUTERS - https://www.jacksonsd.org/Domain/63
Here is a list of donations the class will need throughout the year:
*tissues* *hand sanitizer* *disinfecting wipes* *baby wipes* *stickers*
Thank you so much for any donations you are able to send in!
We truly appreciate them!
SPECIALS WEEK A:
Monday - Computers
Tuesday - Art
SPECIALS WEEK B:
Monday - Music
Thursday - Gym (please wear sneakers)
Friday - Library
SOCIAL SKILLS AND LIFE SKILLS SMALL/LARGE GROUP ACTIVITIES:
Monday - Weekend Talks
***Weekend Talk worksheets will be sent home every Friday and are due back Monday***
Tuesday - Game Day
Wednesday - Life Skills
Thursday - Craft
Friday - Shared Group
***Please have your child bring in an item they would like to share with the class every Friday***