WELCOME TO SEVENTH and EIGHTH GRADE ENRICHMENT
Seventh and Eighth Grade Enrichment meets every Tuesday
2:30-3:30 in Room 103
November 5, 12, 26 (No class 19th due to parent conferences)
December 3, 10, 17
- Students will begin the year planning a trip anywhere in the world. They were given $5,000 to spend which will include transportation, lodging, food, and touring attractions. Students will prepare a Google slide presentation and present it to the class.
- Students will challenge each other in the Geography game by naming places with a certain letter.
Aerospace - Hot Air Balloon
- Introduce students to the principles of lighter-than-air flight as well as to the concepts of temperature, density, and buoyancy.
Aerospace - Straw Rockets
- The straw rocket helps teach projectile motion, the center of gravity, initial velocity, and introductory aerodynamics.
Dragsters - Balloon Buggy
- Demonstrate Newton's third law of motion by constructing a balloon-powered vehicle. The challenge is to build the buggy that will travel the farthest distance.
- Encourage teamwork and creativity as well as develop lateral thinking and planning skills by constructing either the Cyclone Roller Coaster or Amusement Park.