WELCOME TO MISS LIVERANI'S CLASS PAGE!
Welcome back! I hope everyone had a wonderful and relaxing summer! Please review the information below for Back to School Updates.
If there is anything I can help you with as we navigate through this upcoming school year, please reach out to me via email email@example.com . I am always happy to help!
Please visit Mr. Casais and Mrs. Levine's class pages for additional information
Hybrid Learning Information
In-Person Days: 9:05 am to 1:35 pm
Group 1: Last name begins with A-K. Attends school In-person on Mondays, Wednesday, and alternating Fridays.
Group 2: Last name begins with L-Z. Attends school In-persons on Tuesdays, Thursdays and alternating Fridays.
Please make the school aware of any allergies your student has
Please note that our classroom is a nut-free classroom. Please do not send any tree nut or peanut containing products to school each day. We are asking your assistance in providing these students with a safe learning environment. Thank you for your cooperation!
- Please visit your Parent Portal on Genesis to complete the "COVID Health Screening Form" prior to the start of the school day on the days your student has In Person Instruction
- Face coverings are required
- Students may bring a bottled water to school with them
- Students will not be eating snack break inside the classroom due to the shortened day schedule.
- For lunch, students bringing a bagged lunch is reccomended; however, hot/cold lunch may be purchased through food services.
- For students purchasing lunch, parents may load funds onto students lunch accounts online through the food services website
We will be using Google Classroom everyday to complete assignments, share content, and meet. An invitation was sent out to stuednts via email. Please check your student's SCHOOL email to join Google Classroom.
Etiquette for using Google Meet
LET ‘S WORK TOGETHER:
Student Safety is always paramount at Switlik School. We are asking for help in allowing our staff to focus on our shared goal of keeping our children safe and focused on learning. We appreciate your continued support and collaboration with us in ensuring that all students are safe.
ENTRANCE PROCEDURES: Valid Photo Identification is required each time you visit the school. We ask that you wait 20 minutes after student arrival to approach the building to be signed in for your visit. (Exceptions are made for scheduled appointments approved by your child’s principal/teacher/counselor.
- All visitors will notify the receptionist using the buzzer by the visitor doors.
- At the buzzer, all visitors are required to present their valid photo identification to the camera, state the purpose of their visit and/or specify with whom they have the appointment or which student they are picking up.
- At the second set of doors, buzz again for access to reception.
- This includes drop off and pick up for morning and aftercare
Please do not hold the door open for others behind you. We realize this feels awkward and against the rules of good manners, but it’s important that each visitor be acknowledged individually through the buzzer system.
- If the appointment and/or purpose is verified, the visitor will be buzzed in and must present themselves to the receptionists immediately upon entry.
- The visitor’s ID will be held until the visitor leaves the building and the visitor will receive a guest badge. This procedure helps us to know that the visitor has departed by ensuring they leave the same way they arrived.
- Please limit “dropped off” items to only those items your child truly needs during the school day (e.g. necessary clothing changes, important schoolwork or lunch/items that are required for that day). Using the buzzer by the visiting door, inform the receptionists these items are on the cart outside the visitor door.
ARRIVAL PROCEDURES: Please be advised at no time should any vehicle be entering or exiting through our bus ramp during arrival or dismissal times. Please review and adhere to the following:
Arrival Time: 8:50-9:05 a.m. We will not have staff on duty before this time.
- No child should be left off at the school without a staff member in attendance.
- Morning arrival for children is located at the back of the building (gym vestibule entrance).
- Parents who choose the “Kiss and Drop” loop should adhere to the following safety procedures:
- Pull up to the gym vestibule entrance doors to drop off your child.
- Parents are to remain in their vehicles at all times.
- Students must exit from the passenger side door.
- Parents will not be permitted to enter the building during drop off arrival time.
- Do not pass other vehicles while children are exiting from vehicle, this can create a dangerous situation.
- Stay in the right lane along the curb, pull up to the red line:
After 9:05 a.m., the start of the school day, parents dropping off their children must park in the main parking lot and escort them inside to the main office receptionist desk in order to sign them in. At this time, children are considered late. Valid Photo Identification is required each time you visit the school.
No child is to be dropped off at the main entrance without a parent/ guardian signing them in.
Parent Pick Up:
- Doors at the back of the building (gym vestibule entrance) for parent pick up will open at 3:05 p.m.
- Present your valid photo identification to the receptionists prior to signing your child out.
- Follow instructions of receptionists as to where to stand while waiting for your child to arrive.
- Please do not park in the bus lane during this time.
- Parents wishing to pick their students up from childcare may begin to do so at 3:15 p.m. We ask that parents wait until dismissal is complete before signing out childcare students.
EARLY DISMISSAL: will conclude at 2:45 p.m. Any parent who wishes to sign out their child after 2:45 p.m. will wait until dismissal at 3:10 p.m. Please refer to the Switlik School Handbook.
If you will be picking your child up early, we prefer you notify the school as early in advance as you can, but at least by the morning of pick up. This can be done through a note sent in with the child, or an email to the teacher and principal. In the event of a true emergency, please contact the school reception desk by phone (732) 833-4650 extension 4135, prior to arrival if possible. We realize there are often instances where early pick-up is necessary (medical or other appointments), but we respectfully ask that you limit early sign-outs to only times when they are necessary.
The health questionnaire must be completed 30 minutes prior to the start of every in-person school day.
Charge your Chromebooks EVERY NIGHT so you are prepared for class the days you have In Person Instruction
10/05/20: Wear blue to stomp out bullying
10/06/20: Wear yellow or gold to show you follow the Golden Rule (show respect)
10/07/20: Crazy for Kindness (wear your craziest socks)
10/08/20: Crazy for Kindness (crazy hair day)
10/09/20: We're All Different (wear mismatched clothes)
10/19/20: Be a HERO and wear your favorite hero shirt or dress up like a superhero
10/20/20: Peace, Love, and Happiness (wear peace signs/tie dye)
10/21/20: Unity day (wear orange to show unity)
10/22/20: Throw Kindness Like Confetti (wear as many colors as you can)
10/23/20: United as One (wear your Switlik Gear)