Welcome to Room 16!
The link to our class schedule for synchronous learning is below. All students (both home and in the building) follow the same schedule.
HEALTH AND SAFETY IS OUR FIRST PRIORITY:
The success of advancing to this stage in our reopening process requires all of us to do our part. The safety of our students and staff must come first and we must ALL remain vigilant in our health and safety protocols.
- Keep your children home if they are sick;
- Keep your children home if anyone in your household has tested positive OR is experiencing COVID-compatible symptoms;
- Keep your children home if anyone in your household is awaiting a test result for COVID;
- Remember to truthfully fill out your Daily COVID Health Screening Form for your child each day.
- Remember to contact your school nurse if anyone in your house has been exposed to COVID, has COVID-compatible symptoms, or is being tested.
CONSISTENCY OF INSTRUCTION IS IMPORTANT:
- Students will be expected to attend every day, and to not flip between in-person instruction and synchronous instruction.
- The only exception would be for in-person students who are ill or who should stay home due to quarantine.
If a child is ill and able to participate, please notify your child’s teacher that your child will be learning synchronously from home, temporarily.
Monday, March 1st begins our five day per week in-person learning! One important change is that students will no longer eat lunch in school. Instead, we will be taking a 15 minute break in the IMC(location) which has been set up for a safe, socially distanced snack. The school district will be providing a “grab-and-go lunch” to students at the end of the day. PLEASE REMEMBER TO PROVIDE YOUR CHILD WITH A HEALTHY SNACK EACH DAY. Thank you!
4/26-4/30: Spring Book Fair (in-person)
ATTN FOR 2021-2022: Free and Reduced Lunch
*IMPORTANT: please, do not forget to log on to the Genesis Portal (each day your student is in school) to complete the Daily Health Screening*
What counts as being present?
Attending the Google meeting in its entirety
Completing work or assignment for the day and submitting work by the end of the class period
Responding to a directive, question or other item as designated by the teacher.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Since you will be learning both in school AND at home, it is important that you bring your laptop to school every day.
ALL CHROMEBOOKS SHOULD BE CHARGED NIGHTLY!
Having technology trouble from home? Use this form to reach out to the technology department.
Specials will be held everyday from 11:00-11:30.
Monday: Gym with Mr. Hamdi (3/1-3/19)
Tuesday: Music with Mr. Morgan (3/22-4/16)
Wednesday: Library with Mrs. Palme (4/19-5/7)
Thursday: Computers with Mr. A (5/10-5/28)
Friday: Art with Mrs. Quick (6/1-6/18)
There will be NO SHARING of any school supplies.
Please come to school with your PLANNER every day. It was in the supply box you picked up from school. If you do not have one, email me.
Please label everything that comes in, including water bottles. And don't forget sweatshirts/jackets! This can be as easy as pinning a ribbon or piece of fabric inside the clothing, so you DO NOT have to write on it.
- In the backpack, it is also encouraged to have an extra mask or 2 incase the 1st one gets misplaced or dirty. Please be sure that the clean masks are in a labeled bag or container. Dirty masks will just be put in their backpack so you know the difference.Please remember that it is mandatory that the children wear masks all day.
- Students are not allowed to share or trade masks- please discuss this prior to the first day and talk about the importance of wearing a mask to stay safe and protect others.
- There will be no snack or food of any kind in the classroom.
FYI...There will be NO parties, events, assemblies, field trips until further notice.
*It is VERY important to notify the main office and myself of a dismissal change for your child. Please call the main office or send a note/email with your child's full name, the date, and teacher's name on your letter.*
Donations of tissues, hand sanitizer, and Lysol Wipes are always greatly appreciated.
If your child is absent, please send in a note. If they are sick and see a doctor, please send in a doctors note to have it be excused. Thank you!