1/13 - 1/14:
Switlik School Pictures – Wednesday, January 13 & Thursday, January 14
Students who attend Hybrid sessions at Switlik will have their pictures taken on the day that they are in school during Wednesday, January 13, (Group1) or Thursday, January 14 (Group2).
Please note that only individual student pictures will be taken this year. Group classroom pictures will not be taken.
Attention "Full Synchronous Learners” (Students who were in the Hybrid Learning program and are now currently working remotely with their classroom teacher). Please make sure to sign up through the SignUpGenius link for one of the photo session slots.
Students who are currently on "Full Remote Learning" may sign up for a session on Wednesday, January 13, or Thursday, January 14.
Parents can go to the Switlik Website to select a time slot through the SignUpGenius link.
Pictures for "Full Remote Learning" students will take place after school hours beginning at 2:00 pm.
Please make sure to arrive within your 15-minute time slot. Students ONLY will be admitted into the building via the Gym entrance located in the back of the building (Parent Pick up and Drop off). Pictures will be taken in the Gym vestibule.
1/19 - 1/22:
1/19 - 2/19:
The link to our class schedule for synchronous learning is below. All students (both home and in the building) follow the same schedule.
*IMPORTANT: please, do not forget to log on to the Genesis Portal (each day your student is in school) to complete the Daily Health Screening*
Remote Learning Expected Norms:On the days that your child is not in school, they will be expected to log into Google Classroom for attendance and to complete on-line assignments. We will also have Google Meets to check in and review work at the end of the day.Having trouble posting to our Google Classroom? Click here for directions!
Student’s attendance to Google Meets will be recorded in Genesis each day. These will be the official attendance records reported to the state.
What counts as being present?
Attending the Google meeting in its entirety
Completing work or assignment for the day and submitting work by the end of the class period
Responding to a directive, question or other item as designated by the teacher.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Since you will be learning both in school AND at home, it is important that you bring your laptop to school with you on the first day of school and every other day. ALL CHROMEBOOKS SHOULD BE CHARGED NIGHTLY! Our Google Classroom will be the hub for your learning, and we will be setting it up on our very first day together.
Having technology trouble from home? Use this form to reach out to the technology department.
Specials will be held everyday from 10:20-10:50.
Monday: Gym with Mr. Hamdi
Tuesday: Music with Mr. Morgan
Wednesday: Computers with Mr. A.
Thursday: Art with Ms. Martinez
Friday: Library with Mrs. Palme
There will be NO SHARING of any school supplies.
Please come to school with your PLANNER every day. It was in the supply box you picked up from school. If you do not have one, email me.
Please label everything that comes in, including water bottles. And don't forget sweatshirts/jackets as the weather will start to get cooler! This can be as easy as pinning a ribbon or piece of fabric inside the clothing, so you DO NOT have to write on it.
- In the backpack, it is also encouraged to have an extra mask or 2 incase the 1st one gets misplaced or dirty. Please be sure that the clean masks are in a labeled bag or container. Dirty masks will just be put in their backpack so you know the difference.Please remember that it is mandatory that the children wear masks all day.
- Students are not allowed to share or trade masks- please discuss this prior to the first day and talk about the importance of wearing a mask to stay safe and protect others.
- We will be meeting the "at home" group in the afternoon each day around 2:15. More information on this will be shared shortly.
- There will be no snack or food of any kind in the classroom.
Our lunch is scheduled for: 11:20
Lunches may be purchased, but is recommended to bring a bagged lunch.
If purchasing a lunch, it is strongly suggested to deposit money on your student lunch account.
This announcement was just made by the USDA this week:
Tables are set up at the following locations for students to grab a bag as they exit the building:
- IMPORTANT: Pursuant to new USDA Guidelines, Effective August 31, 2020, ALL Jackson School District students are now eligible for FREE breakfast and lunch through December 31, 2020. If you wish not to participate, please instruct your child(ren) not to take the meals. This includes in-school meals as well as remote meals.
- What does that mean for you?
- If you want your child to bring in their own meal to eat during their scheduled lunch you may do so. If you would like your child to choose the hot/cold lunch option they simply have to ask for it during homeroom. These orders will be filled by the food services staff and bagged/container lunches will be distributed to students during their lunch period. They do not have to swipe into their account because they are free of charge.
- ALL students will also have the option of taking home a FREE BAG OF REMOTE BREAKFAST/LUNCH MEALS. At the end of the day, several areas will have tables set up for students as they exit the building. The tables will have bags that contain the following day’s breakfast and lunch as well as the breakfast for their next day in school (We ask that they eat this breakfast before coming to school the next day.) Again, these meals are FREE of charge for ALL students so they do not have to swipe their card. If they would like, a student may take only one bag as they are escorted during dismissal by a staff member. If they do not want this bagged series of meals, they will simply exit the building as normal without stopping by the tables.
Please reach out if you have any questions.
- Exit door by the 4th grade wing to the playground
- Outside the Main Entrance
- Outside the exit by the fifth grade bathrooms
- Outside the Gym- Vestibule
FYI...There will be NO parties, events, assemblies, field trips until further notice.
*It is VERY important to notify the main office and myself of a dismissal change for your child. Please call the main office or send a note/email with your child's full name, the date, and teacher's name on your letter.*
Donations of tissues, hand sanitizer, and Lysol Wipes are always greatly appreciated.
If your child is absent, please send in a note. If they are sick and see a doctor, please send in a doctors note to have it be excused. Thank you!