Please access your childs remote learning plans for the week below
Click HERE for a tutorial on how to use google classroom
I am availible all school hours to answer any questions: ATrotta@JacksonSD.org
I have sent out an invite to our google classroom via your child’s school gmail. Please login using
studentID@jacksonsd.org and the password is student initials and ID with no caps or spaces.
As of now, students in first grade are not required to submit their work online as it will be collected upon return.
I will be available via email from Monday to Friday during the normal school hours to help you with questions or if you need assistance!
Your child was sent home with a Jounral. Your child may use this journal to complete any written work that is assigned. However, they can also use any paper or notebook of their choice. Students were also sent home with their school ID cards in the front cover of their notebooks should you/they need it for any reason. New books were also sent home. If your child was not in school on Friday, books you have at home can also be used.It is suggested to try to do atleast 2 hours of work with your child each day. While this may seem like a lot....it can be done in a fun & creative way! We are hoping that 15-20 minutes of that time will be spent on independent reading. Also, if you play any kind of board games with letters, words, numbers or counting skills....that would be an awesome way to incorporate daily practice!March 30-April 3SpecialsSPIRIT WEEKVirtual Spirit Days: Please send pictures to me and don't forget to share with the PTN if you would like!
Curriculum ResourcesKeep up with your first grade snap wordsEnvision Math
Remote Learning Resources
Below are different links to try while you and your child are working from home. These are not required, just fun and helpfulLiteracyDaily ActivitiesOnline LibraryMathSumdog (Usernames and Passwords have been sent out via email and Classroom Dojo. Please email me if you need your log in information!)
Additional free resources
Thursday: Gym (Dont forget sneakers!)
Student Safety is always paramount at Switlik School. We are asking for help in allowing our staff to focus on our shared goal of keeping our children safe and focused on learning. We appreciate your continued support and collaboration with us in ensuring that all students are safe.
ENTRANCE PROCEDURES: Valid Photo Identification is required each time you visit the school. We ask that you wait 20 minutes after student arrival to approach the building to be signed in for your visit. (Exceptions are made for scheduled appointments approved by your child’s principal/teacher/counselor.
- All visitors will notify the receptionist using the buzzer by the visitor doors.
- At the buzzer, all visitors are required to present their valid photo identification to the camera, state the purpose of their visit and/or specify with whom they have the appointment or which student they are picking up.
- At the second set of doors, buzz again for access to reception.
- This includes drop off and pick up for morning and aftercare
Please do not hold the door open for others behind you. We realize this feels awkward and against the rules of good manners, but it’s important that each visitor be acknowledged individually through the buzzer system.
- If the appointment and/or purpose is verified, the visitor will be buzzed in and must present themselves to the receptionists immediately upon entry.
- The visitor’s ID will be held until the visitor leaves the building and the visitor will receive a guest badge. This procedure helps us to know that the visitor has departed by ensuring they leave the same way they arrived.
- Please limit “dropped off” items to only those items your child truly needs during the school day (e.g. necessary clothing changes, important schoolwork or lunch/items that are required for that day). Using the buzzer by the visiting door, inform the receptionists these items are on the cart outside the visitor door.
ARRIVAL PROCEDURES: Please be advised at no time should any vehicle be entering or exiting through our bus ramp during arrival or dismissal times. Please review and adhere to the following:
Arrival Time: 8:50-9:05 a.m. We will not have staff on duty before this time.
- No child should be left off at the school without a staff member in attendance.
- Morning arrival for children is located at the back of the building (gym vestibule entrance).
- Parents who choose the “Kiss and Drop” loop should adhere to the following safety procedures:
- Stay in the right lane along the curb, pull up to the red line:
- Pull up to the gym vestibule entrance doors to drop off your child.
- Parents are to remain in their vehicles at all times.
- Students must exit from the passenger side door.
- Parents will not be permitted to enter the building during drop off arrival time.
- Do not pass other vehicles while children are exiting from vehicle, this can create a dangerous situation.
- Stay in the right lane along the curb, pull up to the red line:
After 9:05 a.m., the start of the school day, parents dropping off their children must park in the main parking lot and escort them inside to the main office receptionist desk in order to sign them in. At this time, children are considered late. Valid Photo Identification is required each time you visit the school.
No child is to be dropped off at the main entrance without a parent/ guardian signing them in.
Parent Pick Up:
- Doors at the back of the building (gym vestibule entrance) for parent pick up will open at 3:05 p.m.
- Present your valid photo identification to the receptionists prior to signing your child out.
- Follow instructions of receptionists as to where to stand while waiting for your child to arrive.
- Please do not park in the bus lane during this time.
- Parents wishing to pick their students up from childcare may begin to do so at 3:15 p.m. We ask that parents wait until dismissal is complete before signing out childcare students.
EARLY DISMISSAL: will conclude at 2:45 p.m. Any parent who wishes to sign out their child after 2:45 p.m. will wait until dismissal at 3:10 p.m. Please refer to the Switlik School Handbook.
If you will be picking your child up early, we prefer you notify the school as early in advance as you can, but at least by the morning of pick up. This can be done through a note sent in with the child, or an email to the teacher and principal. In the event of a true emergency, please contact the school reception desk by phone (732) 833-4650 extension 4135, prior to arrival if possible. We realize there are often instances where early pick-up is necessary (medical or other appointments), but we respectfully ask that you limit early sign-outs to only times when they are necessary.