Hello students and families,
Welcome to 7th and 8th Grade Literacy! We have a busy and exciting year ahead.
Literacy Materials: This year every student is receiving a Chromebook and most assignments will be completed online, however, there are a few items that I ask each student to have for class each day:
Headphones (Check Chromebook compatibility)
Black or Blue Pens
- Independent reading book
I will be on maternity leave until January 3, 2022. I apologize for any inconvenience. For general inquiries about literacy or your class schedule, please email your guidance counselor. If you need immediate assistance, please contact the Goetz main office.
Feel free to email me in January once I'm regularly checking emails again.
I encourage you to check my teacher page as often as possible. If you ever have any questions or concerns—about grades, assignments, expectations, or anything else—please reach out to your guidance counselor.
All the Best,
Where to Find Books While You're Home
- The school library is still available. You can use the link for directions to the Goetz library here and then follow these instructions to borrow a book.
- Audible from Amazon is offering a wide selection of books for free.
- OverDrive is a free app that allows you to login with your public library account and access digital books from there.
- The Library of Congress is also offering free digital books.
- If you're able, the Kindle app is a paid service for books on a smart device.