LET ‘S WORK TOGETHER:
Student Safety is always paramount at Switlik School. We are asking for help in allowing our staff to focus on our shared goal of keeping our children safe and focused on learning. We appreciate your continued support and collaboration with us in ensuring that all students are safe.
ENTRANCE PROCEDURES: Valid Photo Identification is required each time you visit the school. We ask that you wait 20 minutes after student arrival to approach the building to be signed in for your visit. (Exceptions are made for scheduled appointments approved by your child’s principal/teacher/counselor.
- All visitors will notify the receptionist using the buzzer by the visitor doors.
- At the buzzer, all visitors are required to present their valid photo identification to the camera, state the purpose of their visit and/or specify with whom they have the appointment or which student they are picking up.
- At the second set of doors, buzz again for access to reception.
- This includes drop off and pick up for morning and aftercare
Please do not hold the door open for others behind you. We realize this feels awkward and against the rules of good manners, but it’s important that each visitor be acknowledged individually through the buzzer system.
- If the appointment and/or purpose is verified, the visitor will be buzzed in and must present themselves to the receptionists immediately upon entry.
- The visitor’s ID will be held until the visitor leaves the building and the visitor will receive a guest badge. This procedure helps us to know that the visitor has departed by ensuring they leave the same way they arrived.
- Please limit “dropped off” items to only those items your child truly needs during the school day (e.g. necessary clothing changes, important schoolwork or lunch/items that are required for that day). Using the buzzer by the visiting door, inform the receptionists these items are on the cart outside the visitor door.
ARRIVAL PROCEDURES: Please be advised at no time should any vehicle be entering or exiting through our bus ramp during arrival or dismissal times. Please review and adhere to the following:
Arrival Time: 8:50-9:05 a.m. We will not have staff on duty before this time.
- No child should be left off at the school without a staff member in attendance.
- Morning arrival for children is located at the back of the building (gym vestibule entrance).
- Parents who choose the “Kiss and Drop” loop should adhere to the following safety procedures:
- Stay in the right lane along the curb, pull up to the red line:
- Pull up to the gym vestibule entrance doors to drop off your child.
- Parents are to remain in their vehicles at all times.
- Students must exit from the passenger side door.
- Parents will not be permitted to enter the building during drop off arrival time.
- Do not pass other vehicles while children are exiting from vehicle, this can create a dangerous situation.
- Stay in the right lane along the curb, pull up to the red line:
After 9:05 a.m., the start of the school day, parents dropping off their children must park in the main parking lot and escort them inside to the main office receptionist desk in order to sign them in. At this time, children are considered late. Valid Photo Identification is required each time you visit the school.
No child is to be dropped off at the main entrance without a parent/ guardian signing them in.
Parent Pick Up:
- Doors at the back of the building (gym vestibule entrance) for parent pick up will open at 3:05 p.m.
- Present your valid photo identification to the receptionists prior to signing your child out.
- Follow instructions of receptionists as to where to stand while waiting for your child to arrive.
- Please do not park in the bus lane during this time.
- Parents wishing to pick their students up from childcare may begin to do so at 3:15 p.m. We ask that parents wait until dismissal is complete before signing out childcare students.
EARLY DISMISSAL: will conclude at 2:45 p.m. Any parent who wishes to sign out their child after 2:45 p.m. will wait until dismissal at 3:10 p.m. Please refer to the Switlik School Handbook.
If you will be picking your child up early, we prefer you notify the school as early in advance as you can, but at least by the morning of pick up. This can be done through a note sent in with the child, or an email to the teacher and principal. In the event of a true emergency, please contact the school reception desk by phone (732) 833-4650 extension 4135, prior to arrival if possible. We realize there are often instances where early pick-up is necessary (medical or other appointments), but we respectfully ask that you limit early sign-outs to only times when they are necessary.
WELCOME TO THE THIRD GRADE !!!
WE ARE A PEANUT/TREE NUT CLASS ROOM !
Our schedule this year will be a busy one. We will start off the year with multiplication and will be taking Fast Facts in addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. We will continue to learn Literacy skills in Reading and Writer's Workshop. Words Their Way will be used to improve our spelling and phonics skills. We will contiune to work with our new Science and Social Studies curriculum this school year. All programs will be both challenging and exciting, but we will continue to promote the love for reading, writing, math, science, and social studies that will last a life time!
Please check the schedule below for our lunch and specials for the week.Always refer to my class page and the planner for important notices and upcoming events.
Our Weekly Schedule
Lunch@12:15 - 12:45
Monday - Music
Tuesday - Computers
Wednesday - Gym - Please wear sneakers !!
Thursday - Art - Please send in an Art smock !!!
Friday - World Language
REMEMBER - We are a BUCKET FILLING CLASSROOM
Bucket Filler... or not .... it's your CHOICE !!!
If you are picking up your child early or you have a change concerning child care, please send in a note to let me know so I can pass on the information to the office. We will be working hard on our Math facts, taking mad minutes in addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Our Switlik Reading Challenge will be an important part of our Literacy program. Your child should read at least one half hour each night, which would equal 2 steps. The reading log will come home every night and needs to be signed by an adult showing that reading took place. We will read 2 steps each day in class and I will sign the log each day. Remember to use one line for each 15 minutes your child reads, this makes it easier to keep track of their steps. Please take time to check out the PTN website for all their upcoming events.
***** Some important information will be coming home in your child's homework folder. Please check it each night so you do not miss out on any classroom news or school events. Always check the school website for upcoming events. Please sign the planner each night and check and see that HW is completed. Reading every night is important to help your child succeed for years to come, so make sure it is signed only if you have seen the reading take place. Logging and reading each night is also to be completed on the weekends.
WORKING TOGETHER, WE CAN HELP YOUR CHILD HAVE A SUCCESSFUL SCHOOL YEAR.
Please feel free to contact me by a note in the planner or at email@example.com.
January 17 - Dress as your favorite character from your favorite book
Candy Bingo - 6:30 - 8:30pm in the Gym
January 20 - School is closed - Martin Luther King Day
MATH INFORMATION TO LOG ON AT HOME
* At the Pearson sign in page- click the box that says
Pearson EasyBridge Plus & Auto
* Where it says choose your district- type and select:
JACKSON TWP SCHOOL DISTRICT- INT
* Student log in:
* Username/Login: Student ID #
* Password: First name + grade level (example: Mark01)
Our weekly Schedule: Lunch - 12:15 - 12:45
Recess - 1:45 - 2:05
Monday - Computers - Week A
Media - Week B
Tuesday - Gym - WEAR YOUR SNEAKERS !
Wednesday - World Language
Thursday - Art
Friday - Music
Bathroom breaks as needed - Student must sign out when they leave and sign in when they return.