Dear Dedicated and Delightful Students,
Welcome to A212! Our 2021-22 Classroom Theme is DUNKIN DONUTS! You will have 2 teachers. Yes, double the fun and double the help. I, Mrs. Alkalay, am the Elem. Education Teacher and Mrs. Sanzone is our Special Education Teacher. She is out on maternity leave with her beautiful newborn baby girl, Sophia (born July 26th) and her baby JoJo (16 months) until November. Ms. Jennifer McLaughlin will be covering for Mrs. Sanzone. We look forward to meeting all our "munchkins" on Thursday, Sept. 9th.
If you are like us and like to plan ahead, the following list will help your child to be organized and ready for the school year. Thank you in advance!
- one 5 subject spiral notebook WITH BUILT IN FOLDERS.
- one black SHARPIE marker
- 2 containers of PLAY-DOH ( 2 different colors, your choice of colors) Walmart sells them for .50 each.
- 2 sharpened pencils
- 2 EXPO DRY ERASE MARKERS (your choice of different colors )
- 1 pack of POST IT NOTES (your choice of color) We will be using a lot of these during the year, but he/she will only need 1 pack for Sept./Oct.
- 1 supply box to put the above items in
- 1 box of tissues
- small hand sanitizer
- an extra mask in their backpack (in a ziploc bag with ther name on it)
- ******Since the temperature fluctautes, a sweatshirt to KEEP in school would be helpful in keeping your child comfortable.
WE WILL SUPPLY crayons, a pen, glue stick, Elmers glue & scissors, but if you'd like to purchase your own, of course you may.
MONDAY- MUSIC TUESDAY- COMPUTERS WED.- MEDIA
THURS.- ART FRIDAY- GYM
1. Should I sign my child's planner (homework assignments will be written in here, daily)?
Answer: Yes, please. The planner is a great form of communication. We will check it EVERY MORNING. By signing it, we know you have seen the assignments for that day. Please feel free to write ANY notices you would like us to know. We will always respond back. If you prefer email, that is great, too. However, PLEASE do not rely on email for something very important/time sensitive, since many days are very busy and we may not see it until after school.
2. HOW DO I LOG ON TO MY CHILD'S GOOGLE CLASSROOM PAGE?
Answer: Go to GMAIL. Type in their LOGIN: LUNCH # @jacksonsd.org Their PASSWORD is their lunch#with the @ symbol ( 123456@), unless you changed it.
3. How do I know if my child has an assignment on Google Classroom.
Answer: It will be written in their DAILY PLANNER. GC = Google Classroom.
Please check our GC page daily to see updates and assignments. Your child is responsible for all his/her assignments. GO to your child's Gmail. Then,click on the waffle (9 dots at the top of your Gmail page). Then, scroll down to find GOOGLE CLASSROOM. Click ASSIGNMENTS to see ASSIGNMENTS and STREAM to see updates.
Please feel free to email us with ANY questions or concerns. We are here to help!
email@example.com (all year) firstname.lastname@example.org (Sept.- Nov.) email@example.com (November- June)
We look forward to a great year!
Mrs. Alkalay, Mrs. Sanzone, & Mrs. McLauglin
Dear Awesome 3rd Graders & Terrific Parents,
Happy New Year 2021! We are off to a great start! Thank you for your help and patience during the opening of our SYNCHRONIZED school year! Please welcome our student teacher, Mrs. Acquaviva! Mrs. Acquaviva has 2 sons (ages 6 and 8). She will be with us everyday! YAY!!!! Also, we are excited to welcome back Mrs. Sanzone from her maternity leave.
- We will be using GOOGLE CLASSROOMS for most assignments. Please check and sign your child's RED HOMEWORK NOTEBOOK for daily assignments. GMAIL Account Info: LOG IN: LUNCHfirstname.lastname@example.org PASSWORD: LUNCH#@
(unless you, the parent, changed it yourself). Then, go to the WAFFLE (9 dots for the apps and click on CLASSROOM. It's a green & yellow chalkboard.
- Each student will get their own bucket (no sharing to keep us safe) with play dough, markers, and other items to make learning fun!
- We will be eating lunch in the gym.
- We will play a game EVERY DAY!
- We will wipe down our own desks each day before we leave, so we know our classroom is SUPER clean!
LUNCH TIME 10:55-11:25
Due to our shortened day and early lunch, we will NOT have snack time.
Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions. It would be most helpful if you can include BOTH of us (Mrs. Alkalay & Mrs. Sanzone on each email, so we are all on the same "page". See below for our emails.
Mrs. Alkalay, Mrs. Sanzone, Mrs. Polito & Mrs. Acquaviva