We will be using Google Classroomfor our First Grade Remote Academy.
A link to join our classroom has sent to the student's school email.
Contact me @ firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to working with you and your child!
PARENTS: PLEASE SEND ME AN EMAIL USING YOUR EMAIL THAT IS THE BEST CONTACT FOR YOU
if it is different than the one in Genesis. BE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR CHILD'S NAME.
Our day together will run from 8:55-3:05.
Students will need to go to our google classroom and join our live meet at 8:55.
Being present on our live meets will count as attendance each day.
8:55-9:05 Homeroom/ Morning Meeting
905-9:45 Science/ Social Studies/SEL (Social emotional learning)
1:25-2:20 Remote Support/WIN (What I Need)
Specials Our class is Week 1
2:30-3:00 Monday= Music
2:30-3:00 Tuesday Gym
2:30-3:00 Wednesday= Technology
2:30-3:00 Thursday= Library
Guidelines for Google Meet
Supporting your child during remote learning can be challenging. However, as parents and teachers, our goal has not changed.
We want our students to learn and grow as much as possible this year.
With that in mind, there are some simple dos and don’ts that can make a big difference in your child’s progress this year.
- make sure your child is dressed and has eaten breakfast before coming to Morning Meeting.
- create a dedicated space for your child to work from.
- help your child stay organized.
- make sure your child is online at the appropriate times.
- repeat directions as needed.
- give encouragement and/or motivation.
- praise your child’s effort.
- remind your child to ask for help when he/she is confused or unsure of what to do.
- remember the importance of productive struggle*.
- tell your child the answers to questions.
- complete work for your child.
- be surprised if your child hesitates to answer questions you know they know.
- forget that we learn by making mistakes!