Our Learning Goals
There are practice activities on Spelling City. The spelling Bingo HW sheet has your child's list. The Bingo board should be turned in after 4 boxes are completed. I have 3 groups on 3 different 6 day cycles, so we don’t all test on the same say. There is no spelling HW on test days.
Reading:Series Book ClubsLearning Goals:
- Collect information about the main characters in their books
- Pay attention to how characters respond to problems
- Notice similarities in thier characters across a series
- Use what they know about the characters to make prediction
- Learn about characters from thier relationships with other charraters
- Share their books with other students
- Plan various ways to share
- Share opinions and debate about their books with their club
Writing Realistic Fiction Stories
Use what I know about writing with details and suspense to write lots of interesting fictional stories
Revise fictional stories and make big changes to, especially stretching out the most important parts
Set new goals for my writing and revise to write the best possible fiction stories
Math Topic 13 More Addition, Subtraction and LengthStudents will:
- Solve problems by adding or subtracting length measurements.
- Add of subtract to solve problems about measurements.
- Add and subtract to solve measurement problems by using drawings and equations.
- Add and subtract on a number line.
- Choose the best tool to use to solve problems.
Science Unit 3: Ecosystem
- there are certain components of living and nonliving things.
- Ecosystems are made up of climate, plants, soil, and animals.
- Within each ecosystem there is a relationship between living things and nonliving things.
- Energy can change from one form to another, starting with the Sun.
- Organisms have basic needs (animals need air, and food; plants need air, water, nutrients and light.) though the amount of these needs may vary.
- When the environment changes, plants and animals adapt, move or die.
- Each plant and animal adapts in their own way to their environment
- All animals depend on plants to survive (some animals eat plants; others eat animals that eat plants.)
- All ecosystems are affected by human interaction requiring conservation.
- Some organisms can survive in multiple ecosystems due to their adapting abilities.
Social Studies Unit 4: Our Country's NeighborsStudents will know...
Locate Mexico and Canada on a Map
Identify common and different holidays
Describe how languages are both similar and different in the Native American countries
Community Health Skills
- Character impacts the way one feels and thinks about one's self and others.
- Peers have different physical abilities.
- Proper decision making leading to safe practices indoors and out (e.g. wear bike helmets, walk in the classroom, follow school and bus rules.)
- The characteristics of strangers, acquaintances, and trusted adults and describe safe and appropriate behaviors.
Our room is peanut free. We have 1st lunch. We will have a quick snack in the afternoon. I usually have pretzels or animal crackers available. If your child brings their own snack please keep it simple. I allow students to have water bottles on their desks. No juice, gatorade, etc. Please check bottles to make sure they're not prone to spilling.
Donations of: tissues, sanitizing wipes, pretzels and animal crackers (peanut free) are always appreciated!
We do not need hand sanitizer at this time.
Scholastic books: No cash, checks are payable to Scholastic or you can order online at scholastic.com. The class code is H2F6W
It's always good to have pencil box (not too big).
It's helpful to have extra:
- Glue Stick