Parent-Teacher conferences are November 12-14. We have early dismissal.
Our Learning Goals
There are practice activities on Spelling City. The spelling Bingo HW sheet has your child's list. The Bingo board should be turned in after 4 boxes are completed. I have 3 groups on 3 different 6 day cycles, so we don’t all test on the same say. There is no spelling HW on test days.
- choose how to read.
- decide how a book "wants" to be read.
- get stronger by reading a lot.
- read in longer phrases.
- monitor their own comprehension.
- use post-its to mark their thinking as they read.
- figure out tricky words.
- use strategies to figure out brand-new words.
- determine authors' intentions.
- notice and use authors' craft moves.
- determine what the author is trying to teach.
WritingStudents will use everything they know to write long and strong.
Student will use mentor texts as a guide to help them "try out" ways the author has made his or her writing special.
Math Topic 4 Fluently Add within 100Students will:Add with Partial SumsContinue to Add with Partial Sums
Models to Add 2-Digit Numbers
Add 2-Digit Numbers
Add More than 2-Digit Numbers4-6 Practice Adding
Solve One-Step and Two-Step Problems
Math Practices and Problem Solving
Social Studies Unit 2 Historical Symbols and American Identity:Students will..
Compare and contrast various symbols
Identify different symbols and explain their significance
Explain the role of historical symbols in the course of American history
HealthStudents will be able to...
- Identify body parts (i.e. heart, lungs, legs etc.) using correct terminology and explain how they are supported through regular physical activity.
- Identify how feelings and actions can affect personal wellness.
- Explain which foods from My Plate are healthier and why they contain more nutritional value through identifying information on nutritional labels.
- Identify symptoms and demonstrate strategies to prevent the spread of disease and health conditions.
Our room is peanut free. We have 1st lunch. We will have a quick snack in the afternoon. I usually have pretzels or animal crackers available. If your child brings their own snack please keep it simple. I allow students to have water bottles on their desks. No juice, gatorade, etc. Please check bottles to make sure they're not prone to spilling.
Donations of: tissues, sanitizing wipes, pretzels and animal crackers (peanut free) are always appreciated!
We do not need hand sanitizer at this time.
Scholastic books: No cash, checks are payable to Scholastic or you can order online at scholastic.com. The class code is H2F6W
It's always good to have pencil box (not too big).
It's helpful to have extra:
- Glue Stick