- Rosenauer Elementary School
Aug. 6 - Student Groupings for In-Person Hybrid Learning Model
Student Groupings for In-Person Hybrid Learning Model
Aug. 6, 2020
Thank you for working with us to complete your Parent Choice Forms so we could structure our groupings for instruction when the new school year begins. We appreciate your patience as we move forward with scheduling, as there are many moving parts that need to come together in order to schedule almost 8,000 students in just a few weeks’ time.
IF YOU CHOSE IN-PERSON INSTRUCTION UNDER OUR HYBRID LEARNING MODEL:
- If your last name begins with A-K: You are assigned to Group 1
- Group 1 attends school in-person on Mondays, Wednesdays and alternating Fridays and works remotely the other days;
- If your last name begins with L-Z: You are assigned to Group 2
- Group 2 attends school in-person on Tuesdays, Thursdays and alternating Fridays and works remotely the other days.
- If you filled out the Sibling Last Name Form to indicate the children in your household have different last names, you will receive an email from the district on Monday letting you know your group. Students in the same household WILL be grouped together, but we are still finalizing those grouping assignments. We kindly ask that you do not email or contact your school asking what your group will be - we need time to do the work of placing these students and we will be in touch before the weekend.
If you have questions or concerns about your grouping, please email your school principal.
- If your family has an extraordinary or extenuating circumstance, you can reach out to your building principal to see if any accommodations can be made.
- Please keep in mind that we do need to balance our in-person enrollments between groups in order to maintain social distancing.
- For families with students in multiple schools, please begin by reaching out to the principal of your eldest child.
We will be offering before- and after-care for students in Elementary and Middle Schools who are IN-PERSON for that day. Due to social distancing requirements we will not be able to offer this service for students who are not receiving IN-PERSON instruction in our schools on that day.
- Registration will be first-come, first-served. Child Care Registration will open at 9 a.m. on Friday, Aug. 6 on the Child Care Academy website.
- This child care will be available for those students before school beginning at 7 a.m. and after school through 6 p.m., similar to our typical child care program
- See our Child Care Rates and Hours.
SEE BELOW FOR THE CALENDAR FOR SEPTEMBER
To help illustrate how the school year will begin, take a look at the September calendar. Remember that ALL students are learning every day that schools are open, whether they are in-person that day or learning remotely.
WHEN WILL SCHEDULES BE READY?
Each year our families are always eager to receive their class assignments, schedules and bus passes and we realize that this year that interest may be even greater. Over the next few weeks we will be working to create schedules and bus routes for our students who will be attending school in-person. We will update you later this month about the status of those schedules and about when you can expect to receive that information prior to the start of school Sept. 8.
IF YOU CHOSE THE FULL REMOTE OPTION:
Over the next few weeks we will be working to create schedules for all of our students who will be on full remote instruction. We will update you later in the month about the status of those schedules and about when you can expect to receive that information prior to the start of school Sept. 8.
Superintendent of Schools