School Closings/Delayed Openings: Please visit the district website for information involving school closings and delays. You may find this information by starting on the district’s main site www.jacksonsd.org highlighting the “District Resources” tab and clicking on “School Closing Information.” The school district notifies the following media with school closing information as soon as a decision is made. Unfortunately, however, the district cannot dictate the timing or frequency of media broadcasts. Please tune to the following media for school schedule change information:
- Our website – jacksonsd.org will feature information, although the frequency with which we can update this site during inclement weather may vary.
- WOBM 92.7 FM or 1160 AM
- New Jersey 101.5 FM (or visit their website at nj1015.com)
- WJLK – 94.3 FM or 1310 AM
- WJRZ – 100.1 FM
- Tune your television to Channel 12 – News 12 NJ (or visit their website at news12.com
In the event of a delayed opening, please remember that:
- School will start TWO hours later than the scheduled start time (11:05 a.m.)
- MORNING CHILDCARE is CANCELLED when there is a delayed opening.
- Continue to check the district and school web page, as well as the Switlik Student Handbook for more information. You can always call the school directly if you have any questions.