Arrival & Dismissal Procedures
SWITLIK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
ARRIVAL AND DISMISSAL PROCEDURES
Regular school day hours are from 9:05 a.m. to 3:10 p.m Please make every attempt to adhere to these times for the maximum educational benefit of your child.
ARRIVAL PROCEDURES FOR CHILD DROPOFF
- Arrival Time: 8:50 – 9:05 a.m. We will not have staff on duty before this time.
- No child should be left off at the school without a staff member in attendance.
- Morning arrival for children will be located at the gymnasium entrance.
- The gymnasium parking lot is available for parents who wish to walk their child into the building.
- Parents who choose the “Kiss and Drop” loop should adhere to the following safety procedures:
- Stay in the right lane along the curb when dropping off.
- Pull up to the gymnasium entrance doors to drop off your child.
- Children are not to exit through driver’s side doors; they must exit from passenger side.
- Parents are to remain in their vehicle at all times.
- Do not pass other vehicles while children are exiting from them; as this creates a dangerous situation.
- After 9:05 a.m., the start of the school day, parents dropping off their children must park in the main parking lot and escort them inside to the main office reception desk in order to sign them in. At this time children will be considered late. No child is to be dropped off at the main entrance without a parent signing them in.
Drivers are reminded to drive in a slow cautious manner while on school grounds.
DISMISSAL PROCEDURES FOR CHILD PICK UP
In order to provide an orderly school environment and a safe dismissal, we have made revisions to the PM dismissal procedures as follows:
- Every child that is to be picked up before or at dismissal must provide written notification that is to be given to the classroom teacher at the start of the day.
- A written note stating an everyday pickup at dismissal must be submitted with the days of the week your child will be picked up on a regular basis. Once this note has been provided, no additional written notification for this routine is needed unless you are making a change.
- If a change in your child’s dismissal routine is needed from the prior written request, a new written request must be submitted to the classroom teacher at the start of the day.
- Every written note for a change of dismissal should be written legibly and include the date, child’s full name, grade, teacher, parent or guardian signature, time of pick up, person picking up child if it is not the parent or guardian, contact phone number and a brief explanation if it’s an early dismissal or at the bell dismissal. Please note that if the parent or guardian is not picking up the child, the person who will be picking up must be listed on the note AND also listed on the child’s emergency card.
- Early dismissal will conclude at 2:45 p.m. Any parent who wishes to sign out their child after 2:45 will wait until dismissal at 3:10. NO CHILD WILL BE DISMISSED BETWEEN 2:45 and 3:10 p.m.
- Starting at 3:10 dismissal, child pick up will take place at the gymnasium lobby.
- All children not taking the bus must be signed out in the building.
- EVERYONE SIGNING OUT A CHILD MUST HAVE PHOTO I. – EVERYTIME, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Emergency situations, where no prior written notification has been provided, must be addressed at the main office and receive administrative approval. Parents will be instructed to walk around the outside of the building from the gymnasium to the main office for this request.
- NO CHILD WILL BE REMOVED FROM a teacher line while they are on the way to the buses.
- NO CHILD WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE BUS once they have been boarded.
- No cars should be in the bus area when buses are present.
PLEASE NOTE that any child signed out before dismissal will be missing valuable instructional time which could affect their grade. We hope that everyone understands that these procedures are being put into effect to provide for the safety for all children of the Switlik Elementary School