- McAuliffe Middle School
- Christa McAuliffe Middle School
Dear Parents and Guardians,
The school year has officially begun! We are very excited to welcome our students and staff back into our hallways after this extended period of remote learning. We understand that during this time, we have had to adjust our normal protocols and procedures. Our first priority is the health and safety of our students and staff.
- All students and staff are required to wear face masks and complete the daily health questionnaire before arriving at school. Following proper health protocols, daily hygiene practices and cleaning procedures, we hope to keep our students, staff and building safe.
- We will continue to provide a Student Advisory Period during our shortened homeroom period. During this time students will establish relationships with peers and staff, develop a sense of community and belonging, set personal and academic goals, and learn how to handle many social situations such as peer pressure, bullying, and friendships while making positive choices.
- As part of our school initiatives and goals, we will continue to implement a variety of teaching techniques to develop students’ abilities to problem solve, use evidence and data as part of their reasoning and persuasive skills as well as to improve oral communication skills. We have reviewed and will be more inclusive in addressing diversity and equity in our class curriculum and as always, will be integrating technology for both our hybrid and remote learners to maximize engagement and develop more robust and interesting lessons.
- In order for students to continue to grow and to develop social, behavioral, emotional, and academic skills, they need to be in school and/or log in to their remote classrooms daily. Their participation in class activities and building relationships with peers and staff is imperative for their development into young adulthood. However, we do want to stress that if your child is feeling ill or demonstrating any signs of illness, we ask that you keep them home.
- As always, we strongly encourage you to monitor your child’s grades via the Parent Portal, communicate with guidance, CST, and classroom teachers with any questions or concerns you may have. Throughout the year, email blasts titled “McAuliffe News” will be sent with updates and news about our school, programs, and activities.
Again, we look forward to working with you this school year and building positive and memorable experiences with your children in a supportive and caring environment.
Yours in education,