- Jackson Memorial High School
JMHS - LIVE Graduation Ceremonies are Scheduled for Wednesday, July 8th - See Details
Jackson Memorial High School Graduation LIVE Ceremony Details
June 25, 2020
Dear Graduates and Families,
We are looking forward to coming together again to celebrate the accomplishments of the Class of 2020 in a live graduation ceremony!
As you know, the state of New Jersey allows for outdoor, in-person graduations with specific guidelines that must be followed. For example, we must limit the total attendance at our ceremonies in accordance with state guidelines and all in attendance must practice social distancing by staying six feet apart. See below for more details.
Like you, we wish we could come together in one session, but the regulations in place do not allow for that. The plan detailed below will allow us to hold this outdoor celebration while following the law and safety guidelines from the state. We are so excited to be able to offer this event to our graduates, and we kindly ask for the cooperation of everyone who attends to make this a safe and enjoyable event for all.
Accompanying this letter are a keepsake program, your diploma, and TWO tickets for TWO guests to attend the ceremony. Unfortunately, we cannot offer more tickets than this, given the state mandated limits. For family members who cannot join us at this live event, it will be broadcast on our JTV YouTube Channel and on Cablevision’s Optimum Channel 77. Full broadcast details and links will be available on the school website.
Jackson Memorial High School Ceremonies will be held Wednesday, July 8 on the football field in TWO sessions:
- 10 a.m. for LAST names beginning with A-L
- 1 p.m. for LAST names beginning with M-Z
In the event of inclement weather, the rain date is Friday, July 10 at the same times.
For JMHS Graduates:
- Please arrive 45 minutes prior to the beginning of the ceremony.
- Graduates only will walk around to the back of the school behind Memorial. Staff will direct you where to stand while waiting for the procession to begin.
- As you wait, please remember to stay SIX FEET APART.
- You will be given a mask when you arrive that has our school logo on it, courtesy of the Class of 2020. We ask that you wear this mask while assembling prior to the ceremony and while walking in, as you may end up being less than six feet apart before getting to your seats.
- Once you are at your seats (which will be spaced six feet apart) you may remove your masks. You do NOT need to wear them when you go up to receive your proclamation and have your photo taken.
- At the conclusion of the ceremony, graduates will walk out together through the gates and head to the parking lot to reunite with family members at their cars. We will be working quickly to clean and disinfect the seats and setups to prepare for the next ceremony.
For JMHS Guests:
- Remember to bring your tickets with you.
- Please arrive in one vehicle with your graduate and when he/she heads to the graduate area, please proceed to the stadium bleachers on either side of the football field. Seats will be marked off to ensure guests not in the same household are six feet apart.
- At the gated entrance to the football field, show your ticket to the attendant and drop it into the box when directed.
- We are respectfully asking that all guests wear or bring a mask with them and utilize it if they find themselves less than six feet from another person while coming or going from the ceremony.
- At the conclusion of the ceremony, please meet your graduate back at your car in the parking lot. We will be working quickly to clean and disinfect the seats and setups to prepare for the next ceremony.
The JMHS ceremony is expected to last less than an hour and will feature:
- A procession of graduates;
- Fresh, brief remarks by the Class of 2020 President, Administration, and Principal - and the Valedictorian and Salutatorian will be recognized;
- The calling of names of each graduate, who will rise and walk to the front to be filmed/photographed by JTV while they receive a Proclamation provided by our District 13 Legislators then return to their seat. (NOTE: The proclamations will be picked up in a no-contact fashion).
Other Important Notes:
- In order to meet our limits for gatherings, there will be no water sales at the ceremonies.
- Please remember that no one is allowed on the track to take photographs.
- There will not be a contracted photographer at this event, but JTV will be filming the ceremony and also be capturing separate high definition images of each graduate as they receive their proclamation. We will make these free images available to graduates and families the week after the ceremony once they are processed (stay tuned for details).