- Jackson School District
- Contact Us - Athletics
- Liberty Team Pages
- Memorial Team Pages
- Athletic Schedules - Games & Practices
- Athletic Physical and Permission Forms
- Participation Fees for Athletics and Activities
JMHS Athletic Hall of Fame
- JMHS Hall of Fame Inductees
- 1990 Boys Soccer Team
- 1977–1978 Girls’ Bowling Team
- 1976 -1977 Boys’ Bowling Team
- 1972 Baseball Team
- Rachel Goodale
- Scott Goodale
- Timothy Murphy
- John Langford
- Erin Gleason
- Ashley Eure
- Sarah Artale
- Douglas Withstandley
- Charley Best
- Richard Morris
- Leon Davis
- Patricia Brooke
- Dave Greene
- Donna Maher
- Hector Rivera
- Lou Durant
- Michelle Nikolayew
- Marc Fink
- Rob Connor
- Lawrence D’Zio
- Helene Connell
- Mike Costa
- Tom Tarver
- Jackson Spring Sport Athlete Senior Spotlight
Are You Playing a Fall Sport? Please read ALL this information on physicals, transportation surveys and COVID screenings.
VERY IMPORTANT ATHLETICS INFORMATION for
HIGH SCHOOL and MIDDLE SCHOOL ATHLETES FOR THE FALL SEASON
Sept. 4, 2020
This message features three important announcements for high school and middle school athletes participating in the Fall 2020 season. Keep in mind that this also applies to all incoming 6th grade students who have never had an athletic physical on file with the district.
- VERY IMPORTANT information about athletic physicals and deadlines;
- An Athletics Transportation Survey to see how many parents would utilize busing from cluster stops TO afternoon practices (since students will all be going home after school and need to be back at practices during times many parents are working);
- Information on an Athletics Daily COVID Screening Form that will need to be filled out prior to every practice or game (this is DIFFERENT than the daily form you do in Genesis if your child attends in person).
- A reminder that the Athletic Sign Offs Form will be available by the first day of school on the portal;
As we work to open the High School and Middle School Athletic seasons for the FALL of 2020-2021, we need to ensure that all student athletes submit proof of a physical through the Pre-Participation Physical Packet filled out by your doctor. In order for a physical to be valid, it must have been done within the 365 days prior to the beginning of the first official practice of the Fall 2020 season.
Due to the circumstances of the pandemic, the NJSIAA is allowing parents who have not had an opportunity to complete their child's physical yet to submit proof that they have an appointment scheduled before Oct. 23, 2020.
Filling out this quick online Proof of Scheduled Physical Form is how you will let us know you have an appointment scheduled before Oct. 23, 2020. WE MUST RECEIVE THIS PROOF OF SCHEDULED PHYSICAL FORM BACK FROM YOU BY SEPT. 14TH.
- If you have completed and submitted your child's Pre-Participation Physical already, you do NOT need to fill out this Proof of Scheduled Physical Form.
If your child's physical is expired, you need to provide two things in order for your child to participate in fall sports:
- Proof of Scheduled Physical Form (on-line Google form)
IF THIS APPLIES TO YOU, WE MUST RECEIVE THESE HARD COPY FORMS BACK FROM YOU BY SEPT. 11TH.
REMINDER: Even if your child's physical was completed within 365 days of the first practice - if it was done more than 90 days prior to that first practice, you still have to fill out a paper Medical History Update Form (Interim Form).
- The Medical History Update Form is to be completed and submitted ONLY if your child has a valid Pre-Participation Physical on file with the school nurse that has been completed within the last 365 days.
- If the physical was not completed within 90 days of the start of the season or the student has decided to participate in a sport that was not listed on their physical, a Medical History Update form must be completed and submitted to the school nurse.
- A new Medical History Update Form must be submitted every 90 days thereafter until the physical expires.
All forms are available for print/download on the district's Athletic Forms Page: www.jacksonsd.org/athleticforms.
SURVEY TO ASK FOR INTEREST IN BUS TRANSPORTATION FROM CLUSTER STOPS TO AFTERNOON PRACTICES AT HIGH SCHOOLS AND MIDDLE SCHOOLS:
This year under the Shortened Day schedule, students who are in-person for that day will be dismissed from school and will return home. This causes a hardship for families who don’t have the ability to drive their children back to school for afternoon practices.
The district is looking into providing buses that would pick up students at predetermined cluster bus stops in town and bring them back to school for practices. A cluster stop is a predetermined bus stop in a safe location that is larger than a typical bus stop to improve efficiency. It would NOT involve door-to-door pickups for children and it would also NOT be transporting students back home after practice.
To do this we need to understand how many parents would utilize this kind of afternoon transportation back to school. Please complete the survey below. We will evaluate the results and then announce what, if any, arrangements we can make to try to accomplish this for our students and families as soon as possible. We know it’s not a lot of time, but we are trying to make this happen quickly - please submit this survey below by Wednesday, Sept. 9.
ATHLETICS DAILY SCREENING FORMS:
Each day there is a practice or game, we must have an Athletics Daily Health Screening Form filled out for each student athlete.
- This form is IN ADDITION TO the Daily COVID Health Screening Form parents are required to fill out each morning on the Portal before their child attends school in person.
- This is a requirement of the NJSIAA and our ability to offer an athletic program is contingent upon receiving a response on this form for every student athlete DAILY if they have a practice or a game.
High School Student Athletes:
- HS STUDENTS have been filling this form out all summer for voluntary workouts. That process, and the link, will remain the same.
Middle School Student Athletes:
- To be filled out by Middle School PARENTS every day there is a practice or game
REMINDER TO LOOK FOR ATHLETIC SIGN OFF FORMS ON PARENT PORTAL - THEY WILL BE THERE BY THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL:
Please be on the lookout for your annual Athletic Sign Off Forms, which will be on the Parent Portal by the first day of school.