- Johnson Elementary School
- Principal's Page
November 17, 2017
Dear Johnson Families,
I hope everyone had a wonderful week! It was very busy here at Johnson celebrating American Education Week and holding our parent/teacher conferences. I would like to thank all of the parents and guardians who attended American Education Week. It was a great opportunity to see what your child’s school day is like first hand. I would also like to thank everyone for the generous donations to the HCJ Food Drive. It was a great success and we appreciate all your support. I want to extend a big thank you to the PTO for all the hard work they put into organizing the first Fall Fun Night. It was a great event!
Fall Picture Retakes will take place on Wednesday, November 29th. On Thursday, November 30th, our school will be hosting its annual Barnes & Noble Night at the store location in Howell. The event will take place from 5:00pm to 8:00pm. This year our staff members will be reading their favorite children’s books with attendees. We hope that you will be able to join us for an evening of storytelling!
Please see the flyer below for the schedule.
Be sure to stop by Chic-fil-A during Barnes & Noble Night and support the PTO! Show the cashier this flyer when you purchase and the PTO gets a portion of the proceeds: http://hcjpto.org/event/chick-fil-a-dine-out-2/
Just a reminder we have a shortened day on Wednesday, November 22nd and school is closed November 23rd and 24th for Thanksgiving.
If your child is missing anything, please check out the HCJ Lost and Found by December 1st. Anything left in the Lost and Found after December 1st will be donated.
From the PTO
- Gertrude Hawk orders are due Monday, November 20th. Don't miss out on delicious chocolate and confections for your holiday festivities and gifts!
- Shop Amazon Smile this Black Friday and holiday season and a portion of your purchase goes back to the PTO. It's just like shopping regular Amazon, you just have to start here:https://smile.amazon.com/ch/22-2374211
- Register your Stop & Shop card with A+ School Rewards and the school receives cash back from your purchases. Go to http:// stopandshop.com/aplusto register your card and enter our school ID# 40664.
- The Holiday Shop is coming December 5-7! Check your child's teacher page for the day they are visiting the shop. The kids LOVE picking out gifts for loved ones! All gifts are $2 each.
- Our Holiday Cookie Decorating Party is on December 14th at 6:00 PM! This event was a big hit last year and full of holiday cheer! RSVP flyer will be going home soon.
- Our next General Meeting is Wednesday, November 29 at 7:00 PM. This is our last meeting of 2017, so come out to hear the report of our activities this fall and get the scoop on events in 2018!
- If your child is interested in the Talent Show next spring, mark your calendar for our January 17th, 2018 PTO Meeting. At 6:30, we will discuss the Talent Show and parents of children with interest in the Talent Show should plan to attend. Regular meeting will follow at 7:00 PM.
Dr. M. Raymond