- Johnson Elementary School
- Johnson News Archive
September 27, 2017
Dear Johnson Families,
I hope everyone had a wonderful week and is looking forward to a pleasant weekend. Last week we concluded our Back to School Nights. I want to thank everyone who came out in support of their child’s education. We also celebrated the men and women of our Armed Forces with our annual Walk to Remember. Students and staff marched around the bus ramp wearing red, white, and blue and listening to patriotic songs. Thank you for all the canned good donations for the Jackson Food Pantry. This week the HCJ PTO is hosting the Fall Book Fair. Wednesday Night, September 27th, is Family Night at the Book Fair from 6–9PM with an Ice Cream Social from 7-8PM.
Johnson School will be celebrating the Week of Respect October 2nd – 6th. Please see the schedule for student participation.
Thank you for following the drop off procedures set forth in the student handbook. As a reminder, please drive slowly through the parking lot. When dropping off pull up next to the orange cones as far down as possible to allow other cars to pull in behind you. Students should exit the car on the passenger side only. Students should exit the car quickly and independently. If you feel strongly that they need help exiting the car or you need to watch/walk them to the door then you must find a designated parking space in the second or third row of the lot. This will allow for cars to move through the drop off line in a more efficient and safe manner.
As we continue into the school year, we are always looking for ways to refine and improve our security with student safety in mind. To that point, I want to remind parents to bring ID with them when visiting the school. At morning drop off, we request parents say goodbye to their child outside the main door and allow them to come in so as not to crowd the lobby with adults. Likewise, at the end of the day, parents waiting for walkers to be dismissed should continue to wait outside the building lobby. We continue to request that if you absolutely have to sign your child out early to do so 20 minutes prior to dismissal (3:10PM). This again ensures the lobby will be clear of adults during dismissal allowing the receptionist to closely monitor the students exiting. Thank you for your continued support with school security.
Basic Rights in Special Education Workshop
October 16th, 6:30-8:30PM
Jackson Liberty HS
125 North Hope Chapel Rd
Jackson, NJ 08527
IMPORTANT - Back to School Forms
Thank you to all our parents and guardians who have completed their Back to School Forms already this year. If you have not yet completed your forms, please do so.
Remember that there are TWO tasks for back to school forms: One task involves completing the FORMS (Annual Notice, Publicity/Internet Publication, Acceptable Use of Internet, Emergency and Illness Info). The second task involves going to the CONTACTS tab when you are finished with the forms and filling that out.
Also, please remember that if your Portal login does not work, please try the 'Forgot My Password' link above BEFORE contacting support, as most issues will be resolved through that feature. Please note that the "Forgot Password'' link will work only with parents who have an e-mail as their login ID. For questions or problems with your login IDs or password (or if you do not have them), please send an e-mail to email@example.com and include your name and phone number, as well as your child's name, school, grade, student ID number and the problem you are experiencing and we will respond to you as quickly as possible.
Important dates and reminders from the PTO:
- Community Card and KidStuff book purchases are due now! Please send in payment with the purchase slip. If you have decided not to purchase, please return the card and/or book to school.
- Coffee Beanery fundraiser starts October 2! All the amazing coffee, tea, and cocoa flavors you need for a perfect fall and/or holiday gifts! Watch for the order form in your child's backpack.
- Keep clipping those Box Tops! All Box Tops are due October 20. Send into school in an envelope marked BoxTops along with your child's raffle entry form. Form available here: http://hcjpto.org/event/fall-2017-box-tops-collection-starts-2/
- Fall Clothing Drive is October 17-19. Please bag up clothes in plastic bags and bag shoes separately from clothes. Hard toys also accepted. Details here: http://hcjpto.org/event/fall-2107-clothing-drive/
- Next PTO General Meeting is Friday, October 13 at 11:15 AM. Mandatory Class Coordinator meeting is at 10:15 AM, just prior to the PTO General Meeting.
- Holiday shopping time is almost here! Don't forget to shop via Amazon Smile and the PTO gets a percentage of your purchase! Shop here: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/22-2374211
- Join the PTO's Facebook Group! We will be deactivating the current page soon, so you must join the new group to keep getting our updates! Join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/hcjpto/
- Get PTO reminder texts to your phone so you'll never miss out! SIgn up here for Remind: http://www.remind.com/join/hcjp