- Jackson School District
- Reopening Our Schools
Reopening Our Schools
- Reopening Our Schools
- COVID Daily Health Screening Form and District Health and Safety Protocols
- Enrollment Dashboard and COVID-19 Cases by School
- Full Remote Learning Program
- Using Google Tools (Google Meet, Google Classroom) - Tutorials for Parents
- Supporting Our Students, Parents and Each Other
- Tech Toolkit - Videos to Help You Understand Technology
- Tips for Helping Your Child Wear a Face Covering (and Keep it On!)
- New Jersey COVID-19 Information Hub
- COVID-19 Resources and Info for Staff
- COVID-19 Information Page
- NJ Department of Education's Guidance for Reopening Schools - "The Road Back"
- JSD Restart and Recovery Plan
- JSD Policy 1648 - Restart and Recovery Plan
April 29 - NJ Department of Health Downgrades Our Region to "Yellow" Status in COVID Activity Report
FYI: NJ Department of Health Downgrades Our Region to “Yellow” Status
April 29, 2021
Dear Parents and Staff,
For your information, the New Jersey Department of Health announced today that our area (Central East) and, in fact, the entire state of New Jersey has been downgraded from a High Risk (orange) to Moderate Risk (yellow) level under the state’s COVID-19 Activity Report.
This change directly impacts the exclusion timeline for any student or staff member identified as a “close contact” by REDUCING the amount of days a person must quarantine.
In accordance with these guidelines, effective immediately, any staff member or student, who is identified as a close contact of an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19 will be:
- Excluded for 10 days (reduced from 14 days) without being tested OR
- Excluded for only 7 days, if they get a negative result from a test (PCR or rapid antigen) that occurs at 5-7 days after exposure. A copy of the negative test result must be provided to the school nurse (for students) or human resources (for staff members) prior to returning.
Please know that in accordance with state Department of Health and CDC guidelines, staff members or students who are fully vaccinated (which means two weeks after their final dose) AND who are not symptomatic are NOT subject to a quarantine if they are identified as a “close contact”.
- COVID Testing Available: There are a number of locations that offer free COVID testing in our area. Click here to locate a test site in our area.
- Vaccination Appointments Available: All individuals aged 16 and older who live, work, or study in New Jersey are eligible for COVID-19 vaccines, and there are plenty of available vaccination appointments for anyone who still wishes to be vaccinated. Click here to locate a vaccination center in our area.
If you have any questions regarding this communication, please contact your School Nurse, school principal, or Assistant Superintendent of Schools Dan Baginski.