- Crawford-Rodriguez Elementary School
- Principal's Page
Hello Crawford-Rodriguez Families,
Tardiness and Drop Off
While the procedures for drop off between 8:35-8:45am have changed from previous years, the procedure for late drop off remains the same. If your child is being dropped off after 8:45am and school staff is no longer on duty outside, your child MUST be escorted to the main entrance.
Annual Pumpkin Decorating Contest Reminders
- Pumpkins can be dropped off between Thursday, October 22 - Monday, October 26. No pumpkins will be accepted after 3:00pm on Monday, October 26. This will give us time to display them Monday after school in an organized way.
- To be entered, please include your child’s name and teacher’s name on a paper taped onto the pumpkin. This will ensure your child’s pumpkin will be photographed and placed with his/her grade level.
- The pumpkins will be displayed the week of October 26-30 in our hall by the cafeteria and library.
- Please have your child bring in their pumpkin to school.
- If it is too heavy for your child to carry, you can drop off the pumpkin at the school.
- Drop off the pumpkin at the school.
Drop Off Location Change!!!
Pumpkins are to be dropped off near the back of the gym between the hours of 9:45am - 12:35pm and 2:00pm - 3:00pm Thursday, October 22 - Monday, October 26. Cars can enter the bus ramp during the specified times to drop off pumpkins.
- Each teacher and student will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite pumpkin, if they wish.
- The vote will be through a GOOGLE FORM that will be sent out to every family on Wednesday, October 28th.
- You may vote Oct. 28- Oct. 29th.
- Winners will be posted on the CR website on Friday, Oct. 30th around 12:00pm.
- Our amazing PTN will be purchasing a small prize for the winners on each grade level for
- Most creative
- Most festive
- Best overall
If you have any questions about the contest, please email:
- Mrs. Alkalay email@example.com for HYBRID STUDENTS
- Mrs. Togans- Patriciatogans@gmail.com for REMOTE ACADEMY students.
Red Ribbon Week and Halloween Celebrations
October 26 - 30th is Red Ribbon Week. Red Ribbon Week focuses on reinforcing the importance of living a drug-free life. Here are the activities planned for the week.
Monday, October 26: Proud to be Drug Free - Wear Red to kick off Red Ribbon Week.
Tuesday, October 27: Team Up Against Drugs - Wear a team jersey or shirt.
Wednesday, October 28: Hybrid Group 1 Halloween Celebrations - Wear your Halloween costumes to school.
Thursday, October 29: Hybrid Group 2 Halloween Celebrations - Wear your Halloween costumes to school.
Friday, October 30: My Future is Bright - No Drugs in Sight - Wear neon or bright colors.
Preschool, Ms. Nappa’s and Remote Academy Halloween Celebrations: Friday, October 30th
Students who choose to participate should come to school dressed in their costumes and be prepared to remain in their costumes all day. Please keep in mind the following……
- Costumes should be comfortable and allow for children to move freely and should not depict any sort of violence.
- No fake weapons.
- Students will be wearing their masks with their costumes. Full head covering masks that are a part of a costume are not permitted. However, if the mask type that your child is required to wear daily to school can be incorporated into the costume theme, that is acceptable.
Teachers will plan instructional activities that will be related to the fall and Halloween theme. There will be no additional snacks and visitors will not be attending the classroom celebrations.
CONFERENCES ARE NOW DEC. 1-3
Parent-Teacher Conferences Will Now Be Held Dec. 1 - 3. Beginning on Monday, Nov. 9, you will be able to use the Parent Portal to schedule a conference with your child's teacher at a time that works for you. Conferences will be held virtually and also can be arranged by telephone. Please use the Parent Portal to schedule your conferences by Wednesday, Nov. 18.
Reminder: There is no school November 2 - November 6. School will resume on Monday, November 9.
Adriann Jean-Denis, Principal