- Elms Elementary School
- Elms Homepage
NJ Releases School Performance Reports
March 26, 2019
This letter is to inform you that the 2017-18 New Jersey School Performance Reports were recently released and are available on the NJ School Performance Reports webpage at www.njschooldata.org.
Use, Share and Improve the New Jersey School Performance Summary Reports
The School Performance Reports reflect the New Jersey Department of Education’s (NJDOE) extensive efforts to engage with parents, students and school communities, and share the information that is most valuable in providing a picture of overall school performance. We encourage you to use these reports to:
- Learn more about your school and district
- Start conversations with school community members and ask questions
- Engage with school communities to identify what schools are doing well and where they can improve
Enhancements to the 2017-18 School Performance Reports
The 2017-18 reports include changes that respond to stakeholder feedback collected through a feedback survey, at parent round tables and workshops, and from stakeholder engagement throughout the year. These changes include:
- More informative, easier to understand one-page Summary Reports
- Additional navigation tools and an improved search page within the reports
- Emphasis on student growth with the growth section of the reports newly featured before the academic achievement section in the reports
- More information about Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs, dual enrollment, graduation pathways, progress toward English language proficiency, staff demographics, and discipline
One-Page Summary Reports
Along with the full reports, one-page Summary Reports for each school and district are also available. The Summary Reports provide a high-level summary of how well a school or district is performing with data that address questions such as:
- How does our students’ growth compare to students’ growth in other districts?
- Are students at risk?
- Are students graduating?
- How did students perform on assessments?
- Are students college and career ready?
- Do they have access to high-level coursework and arts courses?
A Summary Report Guide is also available on the School Performance Reports webpage to explain the different data points on the Summary Reports.
The NJDOE continues to seek public input on ways to improve future reports. Please complete the feedback survey at www.surveymonkey.com/r/VKNTTRC or email firstname.lastname@example.org with feedback and suggestions.
Assistant Superintendent and Director of Assessment