Mrs. Patricia DeBenedetto
I am Mrs. DeBenedetto and I am the Switlik Elementary School Counselor and Anti-Bullying Specialist.
You are welcome to contact me at 732-833-4650 ext. 4130 or email@example.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
We have all been thrown into this new "remote learning" world together and it makes sense that it will take some time for us to find our "groove." Students, families, teachers and, yes, even ME are having to figure out how to make the most out of our current situation.
Things are tOpSy TuRvY!!!
Your home is now your workspace, however, working from home does not mean you are no longer responsible for the same things you have been responsible for at school.
The expectations are still the same.
Here are some suggestions to keep you on track and successful:
- Keep the same daily/weekly schedule and stick to it!! Wake up around the same time you normally would for the start of the school day.
- Get out of bed, get dressed and ready to take on the day.
- Eat a healthy breakfast.
- Log on and check for messages and assignments from your teachers.
- Take short breaks in between assignments.
- Be sure to take time for lunch.
- Get outside if the weather is decent or make a quick video call to a friend.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Keep in mind, there are so many things in our world right now that are completely OUT of our control and that is OK, but there are so many things that we CAN control. If you're feeling overwhelmed, talk to your family. Stop. Breathe and know WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER!