Special Education Advisory Committee
The Jackson School District Department of Special Education consists of qualified and motivated special education administrators, child study team members, teachers, paraprofessionals, and related service providers. We work collaboratively with parents to ensure that all students with disabilities are provided with a quality education in the least restrictive appropriate environment and that students have access to the resources necessary for them to experience the academic and behavioral growth required to meet their full potential.
The Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) provides input to the district on issues concerning students with disabilities and encourages proactive collaboration between parents and school district personnel regarding matters pertaining to special education. Our SEAC members are an excellent resource for support, information sharing, and problem solving.
2016-2017 SEAC Meetings
SEAC Meetings are open to the public and public participation is encouraged!
Meetings are held in the IMC (Library) of Jackson Liberty High School
125 N. Hope Chapel Road @ 6:30 p.m.
- Monday, Oct. 17 - Strategies for Managing Early Childhood Behaviors; Addressing the Whole Brain Child; Strategies to Use at Home for Elementary/Middle/High School Students with ADHD/Learning Difficulties
- Monday, Jan. 9 - Life After High School
- Monday, March 13 - Navigating the Children's System of Care - MORE INFO
- Monday, May 8 - Three different presentations! SEE FLYER
- Transition Dialogues (5:30 - 6 p.m.)
- Reading Disorders (6 - 7 p.m.)
- Starting and Running Effective Special Education Parent Advisory Group (7-8:30 p .m.)