Welcome to the Key Club page.
The advisors are Dina Tilker and Jennifer O'Connor
DTilker@jacksonsd.org or JLOconnor@jacksonsd.org
** Volunteer opportunities, fundraising information, and monthly agendas are posted to the Google Classroom. Please see an advisor to join.
Key Club is an international, student-led organization providing its members with opportunities to perform service, build character, and develop leadership.
Key Club International
Key Club International is the largest high school service organization in the world and the fastest-growing branch of the Kiwanis Family. “KEY” stands for Kiwanis Educate Youth. This club is unique because of the leadership that is built through this program along with the service its members provide. Key Club exists on the club, divisional, and international level. This highly developed structure provides programs, literature, and opportunities for high school students around the world to serve together with the guidance of their local Kiwanis Club. The Jackson Kiwanis Club is sponsoring organization.
Objectives of Key Club International
- To develop initiative and leadership
- To provide experience in living and working together
- To serve the school and community
- To prepare for useful citizenship
- To accept and promote the following ideals.
- To give primacy to the human and spiritual rather than to the material values of life
- To encourage the daily living of the Golden rule in all human relationships
- To promote the adoption and application of higher standards in scholarship, sportsmanship, and social contracts.
- To develop by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive, and serviceable citizenship
- To provide a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render unselfish service, and to build better communities
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound opinion and high idealism which will make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism, and goodwill.