Welcome to the JLHS Student Parking Webpage! Please note there are changes for the 2020-21 School Year!
Due to COVID-19 Pandemic, there have been changes to the criteria and the process, so PLEASE read this in its entirety!
To increase social distancing on our buses, our Principal Mr. Geoff Brignola has decided to allow JLHS students from both the 12th and 11th grades to drive their cars to school for this school year.
Please note the answers to the following frequently asked questions:
- All fees must begin fresh this year
- Parent(s)/Guardian(s) that attended the Safe Driving Presentation in February 2020 are not required to view the Virtual Presentation. As long as you signed in you will be on record as attended.
The following information applies to any student wishing to drive to school:
- The student must not have any fines obligated to the high school. These must be cleared before getting a parking tag.
- The student must have a valid Driver's license.
- The student must be driving a vehicle that is registered and insured.
- The student and parents/guardians must have watched the Virtual Safe Driving Presentation offered online and signed the document through the parent portal. This video will be available sometime during the week of August 17, 2020.
JLHS Student Parking Applications are available online using the link contained on this webpage, on the Student Parking Google Classroom, or during school in C113. Please read the entire packet and follow the submission instructions for this school year indicated on this webpage below. Failure to do so properly will result in a delay in the processing of the application. Do not forget to include copies of the applicant's Driver's License, Registration, and insurance card of the car the applicant will be driving to JLHS. Please be sure to check that the registration and insurance are not expired before the first day of classes. The student will not be able to get the parking tag until current documents are provided. Any issues with the documents you’ve provided will be communicated to the student through their District Gmail account. Students are encouraged to check their accounts periodically.
JLHS students can find out information on Student Parking before the school year begins by visiting this page or by following the Student Parking 2020-2021 Google Classroom. If you did not receive an email invitation to join the Google page, please contact Mrs. Seich via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The District will be collecting a $10.00 parking tag fee per semester for each student desiring to drive to school. At JLHS, the acceptable payment method is a personal check at this time. If the student is an Early Exit Senior (course fulfillment in January/February) the fee will be $10.00. If the student intends to park the entire school year, the fee will be $20.00. Please note that there will be no proration; payment is either $20 to park the entire school year or $10 to park a single semester in the school year.
The application process will be different from last school year. Please read this section carefully. Please note: if the student is not yet ready to drive to JLHS, the process to apply any time this school year is the same, however, once school starts, JLHS students can bring their application and personal check to Mr. Bender’s office as indicated under “Once School is in Session”.
- All students and their parents/guardians must view the Safe Driving Presentation on this webpage.
- Digitally sign the form that you have viewed the video through Jackson School District’s Parent Portal.
- Print out the Student Parking application either on this webpage or the Student Parking Google Classroom.
- Fill out the application, paying attention to all of the notations on the document.
- Please be sure to copy any documents requested. Check expiration dates. The documents must not have expired prior to September 9, 2020.
- Email the completed form and any additional documents to email@example.com.
- When the application is received, the documents will be checked for completeness. Any problems with the application will be communicated through the student’s district Gmail account.
- Payment: when the application is validated, a student “fine” will be entered into the student’s record for the application fee for student parking. The fine will be either for Full-year parking or Early exit parking (see the definition above). If the district ends up closing for an extended period, the fines may be adjusted/removed accordingly per the recommendation of our Administration. The student parking “fine” must be paid before the end of the school year. It is recommended that for this school year, the fines be paid strictly by personal check, made payable to Jackson Liberty High School, and mailed to Jackson Liberty High School, 125 N. Hope Chapel Road, Jackson, NJ 08527 ATTN: STUDENT PARKING.
- Student parking tags will be handed out to students during the first week of school in their homeroom. If there is an application with no issues on file prior to the start of school, you may park on school property the first week without physically having a tag. Since there are more possible applicants this year, please allow some time to receive the hangtag. If the hangtag has not been distributed to you by the end of the first week of school, please come to Mr. Bender’s office (C113) during the second week to pick it up.
Once School is in Session
- All applications and personal checks should be brought to C113, Mr. Bender's office
- All your legal documents (driver's license, registration, and insurance) must not have expired prior to the day+1 of your application. So for example, if you apply September 17, 2020 for your parking tag, your documents should not expire prior to September 18, 2020.
- Do not drive to school until you have your parking tag
- Administration reserves the right to distribute parking tags during specific times while school is in session to not disrupt a student's education.
Additional Student Parking Info
SAFE DRIVING PRESENTATION VIDEO
The district requires that both parents and students have watched the Safe Driving Presentation Video in order to obtain an on-campus parking permit.
Normally, this would be accomplished through a live presentation attended by parents and students during the summer. Given the limitations on mass gatherings in auditoriums this year, we are allowing parents and students to view this presentation online.
After viewing this video, you must visit the Parent Portal to complete an online sign off form to certify that both the parent AND the student have watched this video.
Remember your current LICENSE, REGISTRATION, and INSURANCE card are Required with your application!
ANY change in automobile MUST be reported to Mr. Bender's office C113, including temporary changes.