Your Digital Library is Always Open!
And So Is My Help Desk.... Contact me @firstname.lastname@example.org
This school year is bound to be an exciting one for our Johnson School readers! I'm looking forward to introducing our students to some new authors and illustrators, as well as helping them to sharpen their information literacy skills. I'm looking forward to a fun-filled year!
Digital Content Options for our Students & Their Families:
- Log on to view our collection of eBooks. Directions may be found at the bottom of my class page.
- Ocean County Library eBook & Digital Materials page. Students will need an OCL library card to access some digital content. I highly recommend Tumble Books & OverDrive.
- Need an Ocean County Library card? The Ocean County Library is now offering temporary, digital library cards to residents. These cards are active for 60 days after received via email.
- Harry Potter at Home
- Muggles, rejoice! Harry Potter fans are in for a treat as celebrities including Daniel Radcliffe, David Beckham, Dakota Fanning, Claudia Kim and Eddie Redmayne read the first Harry Potter book aloud from their homes. Chapters will be released weekly, starting with Daniel Radcliffe reading Chapter 1.
- Wizarding World
- Engage with stories on Epic Digital Library:Instantly access 35,000 of the best books, learning videos, quizzes and more.
- Student login: zlx2805
- Our PTO has graciously purchased a subscription to Scholastic's Bookflix; a database featuring books, videos, read-alouds, read-alongs and activities. (K-2)
- Book Flix
- Username: johnsonelem
- Password: flix
- Unite for Literacy provides free access to more than 400 original picture books, one fourth of them written in Spanish. The digital books provide audio narrations in more than 40 languages, spoken by native speakers in warm, expressive voices. The languages of narration include indigenous and endangered languages along with languages most widely spoken in the US.
Access Video Just For Kids (Access available with Ocean County Library Card)
The Just for Kids Streaming Video Collection includes clips from thousands of fun and informative video and audio titles on topics including music and arts, animals, sports and hobbies, math and science, history, reading, and much more, plus hundreds of educational interactives—kid-safe, ad-free.
- Dog Man at Home: Launching on Friday, April 1st. This site will feature fun and free activities...including how-to-draw demonstrations, engaging read alouds and other resources.
Directions for Accessing e-books (electronic books) from the Destiny Discover website:
2. On the blue and white Destiny webpage, click on the blue letters for "Johnson School".
4. Now you are in the Destiny Discover ebook program. In the upper right corner, click on the blue bar where it says "Log In."
5. On the log-in screen, enter your your guest account information. Username is: hcjguest Password is: hcjguest (no spaces, all lower case)
6. When you are successfully logged in, you can browse around or search for a book, and then click on the blue button to OPEN the book. When you are done, you can CLOSE the book in the black bar at the top of the book's screen.
***(If you try to open an ebook and when it is loading a window pops up asking to "Allow" or "Block"-- click on "ALLOW" and the ebook should completely load on your device.)