Please check out our class page often for important information!
We update on a daily basis!
Any questions, please feel free to email us
Snack: Due to our late lunch, we will be having a snack during the morning.
Please send in something that is HEALTHY & easy to eat while we continue to work.
Monday: Art- Mrs. Martinez
Tuesday: Computers- Mr. Autenrieth
Wednesday: World Language- Señor Luell
Thursday: Gym- Mrs. Pfluger
Friday: Music- Mr. Morgan
Special Time: 10:45-11:25 except for World Language (11:25-12:05)
If your child is absent, please send in a note. If they are sick and see a doctor, please send in a doctors note to have it be excused. Thank you!
Dismissal Change FormTo notify the office of a dismissal change for your child, please print and fill out the following document. Please send in the note the DAY of the dismissal change.If you hand in a handwritten note, please be sure to include your child's full name, the date, and teachers name on your letter.
Switlik School Reading Challenge:
Our school initiative is to independently read for 30 minutes each day in school and every night!!! Reading logs are due the last school day each month! Please be sure you are filling out your childs reading log at home.
We LOVE to celebrate birthdays but there are some guidelines to follow.
We are a NUT FREE classroom so please keep that in mind when sending in treats for your child's birthday.
All birthday treats need to be in to school by our lunch period.
As per school district rules-- NO BIRTHDAY INVITATIONS CAN BE GIVEN OUT IN SCHOOL!
We have 24 students in class along with 3 adults.
We will be dancing during our "Brain Breaks." These breaks give us a chance to move and focus our brains for the next task. We use GoNoodle which is a website with different fun videos to get us moving! You and your family can try it at home. Here is a link: https://www.gonoodle.comWe will be sending home Scholastic catalogs throughout the year.By ordering online, you can help us earn FREE books for our classroom!
Our class code is- LB8KNWebsite: Scholastic Book Club
In our classroom, we will work hard to be "Bucket Fillers", not "Bucket Dipper"!
But what are "Bucket Fillers" & "Bucket Dippers"?
We're going to read the book, Have You Filled a Bucket Today?
This book tells the story how everyone, all over the world, carries an invisible bucket with them. The way that we treat others can fill their buckets when we are kind, or we can dip from their buckets when we use unkind words and actions. Other people can fill or dip from our buckets too.
In the first few days of school, we will spend time learning how we can fill other peoples' buckets and learning how to avoid dipping from them! You'll be able to fill your friends' buckets in our classroom by writing positive notes to them and using kind words!
We will have recess everyday (weather permitting) outside on the playground. As per school rules, all children must have sneakers to climb on the equipment. Thank you for helping us to keep the children safe outside!
As our Game Days are quickly approaching, I would like to outline some guidelines to make each day safe, efficient and fun for all.
- Only parents who have signed up through their child’s classroom teacher to assist in Game Day activities will be permitted to participate in the day.
- All parents must sign in with our receptionists located in the main entrance of our building. It is district policy that a photo identification is presented to our reception area each and every time you enter our school. Absolutely no one will be permitted to participate unless they are signed in with proper identification, their Game Day pass, and will then be presented with their visitor’s badge. Your badge must be on you at all times while you are on school grounds.
- For safety reasons, siblings are not permitted to attend Game Day this includes high school students as well.
- Game Day T-Shirts are to remain “intact” for Game Day. T-Shirts should not be cut or embellished.
- Game Day will end promptly at 1:00 p.m., at which time your child will have their lunch.
- We discourage you from signing your child out after Game Day, as it will count as a half-day absence. There will be instructional time for the remainder of that day.
Game Day Schedule – Weather Permitting (dates are subject to change):
Monday, June 3 Kindergarten
Tuesday, June 4 Grade 1
Wednesday, June 5 Grade 2
Thursday, June 6 Grade 3
Monday, June 10 Grade 4
Tuesday, June 11 Grade 5
The PTN will be providing a free pizza lunch from a local pizzeria for all students in Grades K-5 on the day of their Game Day. Each student will be given two slices of pizza and a bottle of water compliments of the PTN. The PTN hopes that this adds to the fun and excitement of the Game Day experience! If your child(ren) does not wish to participate, they may either purchase lunch in the cafeteria or bring in lunch from home.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Blueclaws Night- Monday, June 3rd
Wednesday, May 22nd- 6-8 PM
Friday, May 31st
Please note that our classroom is a nut-free classroom. Please do not send any tree nut or peanut containing products to your child’s classroom during classroom celebrations or as a snack each day. We are asking your assistance in providing these students with a safe learning environment. Thank you for your cooperation!