Here is a look at what has been going on in and around room #205.
THE JOHNSON JOURNAL
"Extra, Extra...Read all about it!" The first edition of volume 2 of the Johnson Journal is finally complete and ready for your reading pleasure.
This loaded edition includes articles on Mrs. Ehlers, Bullying, Hurricane Relief (FEMA), The Book Fair, Leaders in the Field, and two book reviews (Can I Play Too? & Harry Potter).
To share the newsletter with your class so that they can access it on chromebooks, please follow the steps below.
1) Click on the presentation to open
2) Click on the blue box with SHARE
3) Click on the GET SHAREABLE LINK (green chain icon)
4) PASTE into your location (Google Classroom, Class page, etc.)
Or...just click on the link below to enjoy the hard work, effort and energy my WIN literacy students put into crafting and creating THE JOHNSON JOURNAL.
REMEMBER ENCOURAGE READERS TO...
- READ CONSTANTLY QUESTIONING THE TEXT, CHALLENGE THEORIES.
- SUPPORT THOUGHTS WITH TEXT EVIDENCE
- THINK: HOW MIGHT THE AUTHOR BE TEACHING ME A LIFE LESSON? A THEME?
- RESPOND IN READER'S NOTEBOOKS AT LEAST 3X'S PER WEEK.
- ALL RESPONSES SHOULD BE TITLED AND DATED.
- READERS SHOULD PERSONALIZE RESPONSES BY ADDING PICTURES, HIGHTLIGHTS, AND/OR COLOR.