There are 4 full school weeks until Winter Break. Below are a few important events/dates to note over the next four weeks.
- The first trimester ends on Thursday, December 8th.
- The 60th day of school will be celebrated on Thursday, December 8th. (Dress like the 60's era).
- The 70th day of school will be celebrated on Thursday, December 22nd. (Dress like the 70's time period).
- Our Winter/Holiday Party will be on Wednesday, December 21st.
- Friday, December 23rd is a shortened day with dismissal at 1:55pm.
- Winter Break/Recess is from 12/23 to 1/2 - School will resume on Tuesday, January 2nd.
Students should read independently nightly for 20 to 30 minutes.
Literacy: We will soon begin Unit 2 Non-Fiction, "Moving up the levels of complexity," where students will learn various strategies to read complex non-fiction texts. In addition, students in writing will learn how to plan, organize and write a research (non-fiction) report.
Advanced Math: During the first full week in December, we will be transitioning into the 6th grade textbook. Students will be studying how to add, subtract, multiply and divide fractions and mixed numbers.