The following is an update on what's been happening in Mr. Crozier's room (#205).
Happy New Year Everyone - welcome to 2020!!
Below are few important events that will be taking place over the next few weeks.
- SOUP-ER BOWL - Mrs. Glushko's 3rd grade class will once again be collecting cans of soup for her "Soup-er Bowl" event. Students are asked to bring in a can of soup and place it in the "TEAM BIN" of who they think will win the Super Bowl. This is a fun way for students to learn the importance of helping others. All donations are delivered to the Jackson Food Pantry. Note: Shoprite is having their Can-Can Sale through 1/11. Donations will be accepted from Monday, January 27th through Friday, January 31st.
- CHORUS - The Winter Chorus Concert is scheduled for Thursday, January 16th - 7:00 (student arrival at 6:40) at Jackson Memorial High School.
- Rehearsal practice will take place at Memorial High School during the school day on Thursday, January 16th - please complete and return permission slip.
- Daytime shows at HCJ will take place on Wednesday, January 15th. Shows will be performed at 10:00A.M. & 2:15P.M.
- Believe it or not, but the 80th day of school will be January 16th. Let's all wear our gnarliest clothes and rock the day!
- HCJ School Spelling Bee will take place on Wednesday (afternoon), January 8th. Room 205 is well represented in this year's contest. Wish our students luck as they compete for best speller at Johnson School. Note: current room 205 student Sadie Hersh will be looking to repeat as champion speller as she won HCJ's 2019 Spelling Bee. Best of luck to all the participants.
Reader's Workshop - Unit 2 Tackling Complexity - moving up the levels of Non-Fiction.
Students are learning strategies to handle difficult levels of non-fiction texts. For example, students are learning how write summaries with mulitple main ideas.
W.I.N Literacy- Be on the lookout for the first edition of the Johnson Journal. Sorry for the delay, but rest assured when the Journal is finally published, it be worth the wait. Check back on my class page early next week, to see if the link to the journal is live and ready to be viewed.