Here is a look at what has been going on in and around room #205
Just a reminder - Due to parent teacher conferences, we will be operating on a shortened day schedule from 11/12 to 11/14. Student dismissal will be 1:50 (on Mon.,Tues., and Wed.)
American Education is recognized during the week of 11/12 - 11/16 - 5th grade parent visitation is on Friday 11/16 from 10:45AM - 11:15AM.
FAST FACT FLUENCY - We our now using the online website based resource called XTRA MATH to help students grow towards fast fact mastery in the area of multiplication. By utilizing this program on a daily basis (5 to 10 min.), students will continue to grow toward fast fact mastery. Mastery is being able to accurately say the fact within 2 seconds.
Readers are in process of completing Unit 1 Interpreation - Analyzing Themes. We are currently preparing for the Unit 1 post assessment which will begin to be administered towards the end of this week.
REMEMBER ENCOURAGE READERS TO...
- READ CONSTANTLY QUESTIONING THE TEXT, CHALLENGE THEORIES.
- SUPPORT THOUGHTS WITH TEXT EVIDENCE
- THINK: HOW MIGHT THE AUTHOR BE TEACHING ME A LIFE LESSON? A THEME?
- RESPOND IN READER'S NOTEBOOKS AT LEAST 3X'S PER WEEK.
- ALL RESPONSES SHOULD BE TITLED AND DATED.
- READERS SHOULD PERSONALIZE RESPONSES BY ADDING PICTURES, HIGHTLIGHTS, AND/OR COLOR.