Here is a look at what has been going on in and around room #205.
PTO'S DAY AT THE RACES is this Friday, May 17th. This promises to be a fun filled night, hope to see you there.
The PTO Breakfast is Tuesday, May 21st. Thanks to all the PTO volunteers for their hardwork, time and committment to students of HCJ. The 5th graders have been preparing a special performance. One that you will thoroughly enjoy.
Also on May 21st, 8 members of Mr. Crozier's class will represent Johnson School in a district Nitro Ball tournament at Elms Elementary School. Good luck to our team members.
Field Day is scheduled for Friday, May 31st with a rain date of Monday, June 3rd. Our class color this year is RED. Students should apply sunscreen and bug spray at home. Students should bring a towel and a water bottle.
June 4th fifth graders will go on their class trip to the Turtle Back Zoo. For the trip students will need to wear their 5th grade t-shirts. Students will need to arrive at school by 8:15AM. Please wear sneakers, bring a bag lunch (no glass), and apply sunscreen at home. We will arrive back to school for regular dismissal.
REMEMBER ENCOURAGE READERS TO...
- READ CONSTANTLY QUESTIONING THE TEXT, CHALLENGE THEORIES.
- SUPPORT THOUGHTS WITH TEXT EVIDENCE
- THINK: HOW MIGHT THE AUTHOR BE TEACHING ME A LIFE LESSON? A THEME?
- RESPOND IN READER'S NOTEBOOKS AT LEAST 3X'S PER WEEK.
- ALL RESPONSES SHOULD BE TITLED AND DATED.
- READERS SHOULD PERSONALIZE RESPONSES BY ADDING PICTURES, HIGHTLIGHTS, AND/OR COLOR.
THE JOHNSON JOURNAL
This SPECIAL edition is exclusively about our new pet therapy dog MIGHTY. Anything you wanted to know about MIGHTY can be found by reading this unique edtion. Specifically, you will learn about MIGHTY'S life story, his unique traning and wonderful trainer, the special muttigrees curriculum, the Ocean First Grant which enalbed us to have Mighty, fundraising efforts which help support MIGHTY, and a spotlight article on animal shelters.
To share the newsletter with your class so that they can access it on chromebooks, please follow the steps below.
1) Click on the presentation to open
2) Click on the blue box with SHARE
3) Click on the GET SHAREABLE LINK (green chain icon)
4) PASTE into your location (Google Classroom, Class page, etc.)
Or...just click on the link below to enjoy the hard work, effort and energy my WIN literacy students put into crafting and creating THE JOHNSON JOURNAL.