- Johnson Elementary School
- Principal's Page
Principal's Message, May 2022
Dear Johnson Families,
Good afternoon, I hope everyone is having a great week. It may be hard to believe but the school year is quickly reaching an end. We still have some great activities planned for our students including the following special events for the 5th grade students:
- Parent Orientation for Incoming 6th grade students at Goetz Middle School on Wednesday, May 18th at 6:00pm. This event is for Parents only.
- Student Orientation for Incoming 6th graders at Goetz Middle School on Friday, May 20th at 10:00am. This event is for Students only.
- 5th Grade Field Day on Thursday, May 26th (Rain Date – June 1st)
- 5th Grade Chorus Concert Thursday, June 2nd at 7:00pm (Tickets will be sent home with students)
- 5th Grade Carnival on Thursday, June 9th (Rain Date – June 10th)
- 5th Grade Moving Up Ceremony at Crawford-Rodriguez on Monday, June 13th at 10:00am (Tickets will be sent home with students)
We just finished the Literacy section of the NJSLA Testing. Next week we continue with the Math section and the 5th grade will complete the Science section on May 24th.
We encourage you to visit the district’s “Understanding Assessments and Grading” resource page, which has a host of information about the testing including the full testing calendar for each school. Your special attention to these areas will help ensure your child has his or her best chance for success!
Just a reminder, students must make sure that their Chromebook is fully charged for testing EVERY DAY. Also, note that cell phones and smart watches are prohibited during state testing. All cell phones and smart watches must be silenced and stored in backpacks.
Every year we take time during Teacher Appreciation Week to thank all of our wonderful teachers and staff for all of their hard work and dedication. I am so proud of all of our staff for making this school year another great success!
Also, a great big thank you to the PTO and all the parents who helped make Teacher Appreciation Week so special!
Just a reminder, we have a 1:55pm dismissal on May 27th and school will be closed for Memorial Day on May 30th.
If you are moving during the summer and will be transferring your child(ren), please contact the main office Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00AM and 4:00PM. If you are moving within the Jackson School District, you will need to sign an Internal Transfer Form and provide proofs of your new residency before your child’s records can be transferred. If you are moving out of the Jackson School District, you will need to sign a Student Transfer Verification Form. A transfer card and a copy of your child(ren)’s health records will be provided to register at a new school. The following information is needed to complete the transfer card: new home address, new school name, and the new school address.
PTO Upcoming Events
- May 13th – Sweetheart Dance (Moved to the Johnson All Purpose Room due to inclement weather expected)
- May 19th – Mother-Son Game Night at Camp Joy Park
Be sure to join the PTO Remind (HCJPTO) and/or our Facebook group to stay on top of all the details!
Dr. M. Raymond