Phase II: Middle School Remote Learning Page
Teachers will be moving students forward in their instruction. Lessons and assignments will be posted beginning Monday, March 30 at 8 a.m. on EACH TEACHER’S CLASS PAGE.
To access class pages, go to the school website and look for the black bar across the top for the link for the teacher. Click on that link. See the image below or watch this Video on How to View a Teacher’s Page.
- Check your teacher’s Class Page EVERY DAY for assignments and information.
- If teachers are using Google Classroom or another method, information on how to access that link will be posted on their class pages.
- Assignments and lessons may consist of watching a video, or participating in a Google Hangout Meet.
- Be sure to check the Special Area (Unified Arts) teachers’ lessons and activities as well. For Grades 6-12, refer to the Class Page of the unified art teacher based on your second semester class schedule.
Google Classroom Tips:
- If you need to work on a document from your teacher, you can make a digital copy of the document and then complete any work.
- The copied document can be submitted to your teacher in Google Classroom.
- If you need help navigating Google Classroom, see the Parents Guide to Understanding Google Classroom or contact your child’s teacher.
The guidelines listed below are intended to help students, families and teachers in scheduling the best times to communicate with one another.
- 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. is the window of time teachers will be available.
- Email remains the best way to reach a teacher.
- Follow the A/B Schedule below
- Remember that breaks, lunch and balance of work is important
Middle School: Follow Shortened Day Schedule
Period 1A: 8:16 - 8:31
Period 1B: 8:33 - 8:48
Period 2A: 8:50 - 9:05
Period 2B: 9:07 - 9:22
Period 3A: 9:24 - 9:39
Period 3B: 9:41 - 9:56
Period 4A: 9:58 - 10:13
Period 4B: 10:15 - 10:30
Period 5A: 10:32 - 10:47
Period 5B: 10:39 - 11:04
Period 6A: 11:06 - 11:21
Period 6B: 11:23 - 11:38
Period 7A: 11:40 - 11:55
Period 7B: 11:57 - 12:12
Period 8A: 12:14 - 12:29
Period 8B: 12:31 - 12:46
Grading and Attendance:
- Submission of work will count as attendance
- Daily assignments will be graded as classwork and participation.
- One assignment/assessment (e.g. project, written assignment, quiz, test) will be completed each week in each subject and will be graded. Teachers will communicate what that assignment is beforehand.
- The marking period ends on April 7. Students should continue to submit any missing assignments before this date. Contact your child’s teacher with any questions.
Related Services such as physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech will be arranged individually with the instructor and parent.
These are parameters for school work and availability of teachers. However, the wellbeing of our staff, students and parents/guardians is our priority. School work is important, but we also recognize that this is a stressful time for everyone and we want our staff and families to have a healthy balance of work and family time. Please stay in communication with your child’s teacher. If more time is needed for assignments, let them know.
We also have many suggested activities and tips to manage stress and stay on task. See our Social Emotional Links, Activities and Videos and also our Supporting Our Staff, Our Students and Each Other Page.