Jackson School District Transportation Department
The Jackson School District Transportation Department is located on Don Connor Boulevard, right next to the district Administration Building.
Office Phone: (732) 833-4614
- Transportation Director
- Bus Passes for each child can be viewed and printed on the district's parent Portal.
If you have an emergency after normal business hours, you can reach our staff (by phone call or text) at: 609-351-8099
If you are asked to leave a voicemail, PLEASE be sure to include:
- Your name and contact information
- Your child's name
- A bus number
- Details about the issue you are experiencing
- Children who walk to school should arrive at school no more than ten minutes before the start of class. The schools do not offer supervision before that time unless a child is enrolled in the Childcare Program.
- Children who arrive after school begins must report to the office and obtain a late slip.
- To provide for the optimum safety, parents or other adults are encouraged to wait at the bus stop before and after the students are transported to school. Parents and students should arrive at the bus stop five to ten minutes before the usual pick-up time.
- Students should wait off the road in an orderly fashion for the bus.
- Offenses such as fighting and rock-throwing will result in disciplinary action.
- Parents of pupils who miss the school bus must arrange other transportation for that day.
- Bus rule violations will result in suspension of bus transportation for ill-behaved students.
- Students should not throw books, papers or trash on the bus floor or out of the windows.
- Students should not distract or engage the bus driver in conversation.
- Each student must ride his/her assigned school bus in their assigned seat. Bus changes are not permitted.
- Bus drivers will report any violations of behavior rules to the principal and a warning letter will be sent to parents of student violators.
- Buses will pick up and drop off students only at their assigned stops.
- Students must cross in front of the school bus and look both ways when crossing the street.
- Parents who want to transport a child must report to the school’s main office at least five minutes before dismissal to pick up their child or the child will be sent home in the regular manner.
- Certain types of children’s clothing can create a hazard on the school bus. Long dangling jackets or drawstrings, long backpack straps and long scarves or other loose clothing can get caught in the handrails, doors or other equipment as the child enters and exits the bus.