Non-Public Transportation Information
The law (NJ 18A:39-1.8) requires all public school districts to offer either transportation or what is known as “Aid in Lieu of Transportation’’ to students who attend a non-profit school within 2 to 20 miles (for elementary and middle schools) or 2.5 to 20 miles (for high schools) from their Jackson home. The student must meet the age requirement of their resident district and be enrolled in grades kindergarten through 12 in their non-public school.We accomplish this in a number of ways, including:
- Utilizing district buses and drivers to accomplish these bus routes;
- Contracting out the routes to a private contractor or educational services commission; or
- Entering into a jointure with another district to have its resident students join another bus run being managed by another district.
If the options above cannot be accomplished within the specific cost established each year by the Department of Education ($1,022 per student), then the district must offer the students “Aid in Lieu” of transportation (AIL).
- Maximum amount is $1,022 per student (new amount set by state of New Jersey in July 2022)
- Parents receive AIL only if students are eligible for transportation and the district is unable to provide it another way for the state-designated amount.
- AIL is simply an alternate way of providing the transportation itself. Therefore, if students are not eligible for one, they are not eligible for the other.
News and Announcements
This letter details the list of schools that will be receiving transportation. All other eligible students will receive aid in lieu of transportation.
May 19, 2023: Online B7T Form for SECOND HALF-YEAR AIL Payment is Now Available. Form MUST be Received BY JUNE 30, 2023
Submitting this form allows the district to distribute the SECOND HALF of the year's Aid in Lieu payments to you, covering transportation provided during the time period of Feb. 1, 2023 through June 30, 2023.
Jan. 17, 2023: The B6T Form for the 2023-2024 School Year is Now Available Online. Please Complete this Form ASAP - Deadline is March 10, 2023.
The B6T Form is the Application for Nonpublic School Transportation. Please read the instructions on the form very carefully as you complete it.
Online B7T Form for FIRST Half-Year AIL Payment is Now Available - Deadline is Jan. 31, 2023 (in Order to Receive First Half-Year Payment in February)
Please read the letter carefully, as it details what actions to take in order to receive your payment in a timely manner. The link to the online B7T form is at the bottom of the letter.
This is a form submitted to the district by the nonpublic SCHOOLS. It is NOT a parent form.
B6T Questions? Contact Us
If you have questions or inquiries about B6T forms, please email B6TQuestion@JacksonSD.orgPlease allow the District until February 28, 2022, to receive your AIL check.If you have not received an AIL check and you have submitted a B7T (new form, see announcemet on this page) for each of your AIL-eligible students, please contact the District using the email address above. Please include the student's name, school, address, and parent contact information. One of our staff members will be happy to assist.
Forms and Resources
COMMON FORMS AND RESOURCES
We encourage you to read the information on this page related to each form.
Online B7T Form For Time Period Feb. 1, 2022 - June 30, 2022 - this form has CLOSED.
B7T Form - For Time Period Sept. 1, 2021 - Jan. 31, 2022 - This form has CLOSED
RESOURCES FROM NJ DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION REGARDING NON-PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
- Includes FAQs, transportation requirements, models of efficiency, and alternative options for parents when transportation (bussing) is not provided