FERPA, PPRA and NCLB
Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
Protection of Pupil Rights Amendment (PPRA)
Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA, formerly NCLB) and Right to Know Notification
These notices include information on:
- A parent's right to inspect/amend education records;
- The release of certain directory information without written consent (e.g. yearbook, honor roll, graduation programs) and your right to instruct us to not release that information;
- The release of information to military recruiters, college/university recruiters and prospective employers and your right to instruct us to not release that information;
- Your rights regarding the district's use of surveys and certain physical exams;
- And a letter informing parents of students in schools that receive Title I funds (Crawford-Rodriguez, Rosenauer, Holman and Switlik Elementary Schools) of their Right to Know qualifications of teachers and our Title I parental involvement policy (#2415.04)
Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying
A copy of our district policy against bullying harassment and intimidation (#5512) You may have received this policy in a condensed form from your building principal. It is important to note that this policy applies to all acts of harassment, intimidation and bullying that occur on school property, at school-sponsored functions or on a school bus.Our district uses a number of approaches to encourage students to respect each other and to report any and all behavior that could be construed as bullying. We encourage you to speak to your child about this subject and to discuss the protections offered through this policy.Please also see additional Anti-Bullying Information on our website for information to help the district, parents and students prevent, discuss and handle incidents of bullying. This site also lists the contact information for our District Anti-Bullying Coordinator and School Anti-Bullying Specialists.
Integrated Pest Managment (IPM)
An annual Integrated Pest Management Notice, which details our policy regarding the use of pesticides and a list of the pesticides used over the past year.
A copy of the Jackson School District's Integrated Pest Management Plan policy (Policy#7422)
Asbestos Management Plan (AMP)
Our Asbestos Management Plan notice in accordance with the Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) 40 CFR 763 subpart E.
As part of this inspection process, we are required to notify parents, faculty, and staff annually of any pertinent changes in the district relating to asbestos containing materials. The inspection reports are on file at each of our schools and a complete district-wide set is available in the Administration Building, 151 Don Connor Blvd., Jackson NJ 08527.
Health Curriculum and Family Life Instruction
- Health Curriculum Core Proficiencies - State of NJ
- Health Curriculum Outlines for Jackson School District
The link above outlines the Jackson School District's Health Curriculum and Family Life Education topics and your right to notify us in writing by Sept. 27, 2019 that you wish to exclude your child from portions of the course.
Other Health Information
- Meningococcal Disease Frequently Asked Questions
- Viral Meningitis Frequently Asked Questions
- Preventing Meningococcal Disease Brochure
- Enfermedad meningocócica ¿Está protegido?
Physical Education and Health Requirements and Grading Information
For parents and students at the high school level, these are the rules and requirements for Physical Education and Health classes at the high school. Acknowledging this on our annual notices form is required for your student to receive a Physical Education locker.
Media Violence and Youth
Information on Media Violence and Youth from the state of New Jersey. This information includes how parents can limit a child’s exposure to violence on television, cell phones, computers, and other electronic devices.
- Substance Abuse - #5530
- Pupil Discipline/Code of Conduct Policy - #5600 and Regulation #5600
- Sexual Harassment Policy - #5751
- Electronic Surveillance in School Buildings and on School Grounds Policy - #7441
- Preparedness for Toxic Hazard Policy - #8431
- Monitoring Devices on School Vehicles Policy - #8690
Outstanding Food Service Charges
Our policy for how the district will handle instances when a student may accrue an outstanding balance for food service charges, including our plan to provide a meal for that student and to contact his or her guardians to arrange for the account to be brought current. Policy #8550.
Free and Reduced Meal Applications
This notice encourages families in financial need to apply for Free or Reduced Lunch services. You can now apply ONLINE for Free or Reduced Lunch and receive a determination IMMEDIATELY if you qualify. NOTE: If you received benefits last year, you must re-apply by Oct. 21 to avoid an interruption in your benefits.
- Visit the Free and Reduced Meal Page for applications in English and Spanish and also online applications.
Student Handbook and Appendix of Policies
The student handbooks for each school are located on each school's website. They are listed in several places - under "For Parents and Students" and at the bottom of the site under "Quick Links"
Each handbook references an Appendix featuring certain important policies. That Student Handbook Appedix can be viewed here.
For all of our district policies, view the BOE Policies Page.