Non-Public Timeline for Title I Services
Consultation is ongoing throughout the school year, however, we ask that you participate in spring consultation to help us design an equitable program that meets the needs of all students living in Jackson township.
2023-2024 School Year - Important Dates
Spring consultation letters are mailed to schools by April 3, 2023. See this link for a copy of the letter.
The Jackson Township School District is opting to collect the Nonpublic School Low Income Family Survey (PDF) once every two years as allowed by federal regulation. SEE BELOW for how to send that survey to us:
- To send that survey to us - complete the Nonpublic School Low Income Family Survey (PDF) and save the PDF after completing it.
- To upload to us, visit the Nonpublic School Low Income Family Survey LINK, fill out the information, and upload the PDF of the Family Survey you completed. This must be submitted by May 5, 2023 for review/consideration of a Title I allocation.
Spring Consultation Meeting:
April 20, 2023 at 1 p.m.
- Link to Google Meet to participate in the April 20, 2023 Spring Consultation Meeting
- If you will be joining by phone - please use the number below and enter the PIN (followed by the pound sign) when prompted
- PIN: 130 413 515#
- Link to April 20, 2023 Non-Public Consultation Meeting Presentation
- Use of ESEA Funds to Meet Identified Nonpublic Student Needs (form)
- Affirmation of Consultation form (PDF) is due by May 5, 2023. Please email the completed form by May 5, 2023 to Pam Budrow at email@example.com.
- If you do not wish to participate, please complete the ESEA Nonpublic Refusal of Funds Affirmation PDF and email the completed form to Pam Budrow at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 5, 2023.
The ESEA Title I,II,III and IV are due to the state of NJ on June 30, 2023.
Allocation letters will be mailed to schools in Mid July, pending our receipt of the approved application from the state of NJ.
Student qualification forms should be completed as soon as possible, services can not begin until qualification forms are approved and we receive a school year calendar and bell schedule.
After August 15, 2023, student qualification forms will be reviewed on the 15th of each month.
To complete forms, see below:
- Title I Student Literacy and Math Referral Form - Nonpublic Schools: Please complete all forms before the start of the school year to ensure service can start ASAP.
- School Calendar and Bell Schedule Upload
- Vendor Choice Form - Nonpublic Schools please complete by May 5, 2023.
- Supply requests are processed quarterly and must be received by the following deadlines: Sept. 15, Dec. 15 and March 15
Contact the DOE Nonpublic Ombudsman:
Constance Webster, PhD
ESSA Nonpublic Ombudsman
Office of Nonpublic Schools
New Jersey Department of Education