April 29, 2020 Board of Education Meeting
The district is holding the April 29, 2020 Board of Education meeting in an online video conferencing format. Our goal is to have opportunities for the public to view and participate in the meeting, as is their right under the Open Public Meetings Act. This is a temporary method we can use while New Jersey is in the COVID 19 State of Emergency and while social distancing requirements are in place for our safety.
Links to documents that will be discussed during the meeting:
The public meeting begins at 6:30 p.m. The public can VIEW the board meeting in two ways:
- Via the district's JTV YouTube Stream at www.jtvlive.org
- On Cablevision Channel 77 (if you are Cablevision customers)
The final budget documents and budget presentation are available on the BOE's Budget and Financial Information Page.
Public Forums During Meeting
During this meeting there are TWO public forums. To ask a question, please follow the directions on the right side of this page.
We will open the meeting and after taking care of some routine items we will be doing a presentation on the Proposed Budget. After that presentation, we will hold the FIRST PUBLIC FORUM where you can ask any questions you have about the BUDGET ONLY.
We will then continue with our normal board meeting items. There will be a SECOND PUBLIC FORUM where you will be invited to ask questions about the ANY agenda item or any other question you may have about the district.
How the Public Can Participate
To ensure your question is received in time, please:
- Send them in advance if possible, especially if you are emailing or texting your question to be read into the meeting. This is very important for us to ensure we can get everyone's questions in;
- Include your name and address in all correspondence, just like you would do if you were attending the meeting in person.
The public can participate in the following ways:
EMAIL: email@example.com. If possible, please send in your email prior to the public forum portion of the meeting. A district representative will read your question during the meeting. You must give your name and address in the email.
TEXT: (732) 620-3309. Please text prior to the public forum portion of the meeting. A district representative will read your question during the meeting. You must give your name and address when you text.
CALL: (732)-833-4601. You must call after 6:30 p.m. and prior to the public forum portion of the meeting. A district representative will read your question in the meeting. You must give your name and address when you call.
- Or, if you prefer to ask your question directly: When you call the number above, you will be given a call-in number to ask the question yourself.