Dear Dedicated and Delightful Students,
Welcome to our class! We hope you had a wonderful summer. A few things about our class:
1. You will have 2 teachers: Mrs. Alkalay and Mrs. Sanzone. Double the help and fun!
2. Our classroom is a "DUNKIN INTO LEARNING"/DD theme.
3. We will pause to have a HEALTHY snack break everyday, if you wish to participate. You are welcome to bring veggies, crackers/humus, fruit, pretzels, yogurt, Goldfish, 1/2 sandwich, etc... Please do not send in cookies, cakes, muffins, candy, sugary cereal bars, etc.. Thank you so much for your help.
In case you would like to plan ahead, here is a list of VERY HELPFUL SUPPLIES to help promote a successful year:
- one 5 SUBJECT WIDE RULED NOTEBOOK (any color) WITH BUILT IN FOLDERS.
- one pair of headphones that fit into your Chrome book
- one black SHARPIE
- one ballpoint pen, any color
- 3 sharpened pencils
- one pack of square post-it notes, any color (we will use a lot throughout the year)
- one (or 2) EXPO DRY ERASE MARKER (s), any color
- one pencil box/case to fit pens, pencils, etc..
We will provide: crayons, personal sharpener, scissors, & a glue stick
Please feel free to reach out to BOTH of us email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a TEAM. Please include BOTH our emails so we are all on the same page. Thank you so much! We can't wait to meet you at Back to School Night on Wednesday, September 14th.
SPECIALS SCHEDULE This will be posted as soon as we receive the schedule. Thank you for your patience.
MONDAY- TUESDAY- WED.-
1. Will my child have a planner and should I sign it everyday?
Answer: Your child will come home with a weekly paper in their HOMEWORK FOLDER. All important notices and assignments for the week will be on this paper. This is a great form of communication. We will check it EVERY MORNING. By signing it, we know you have seen the assignments for that night. Please feel free to write ANY notices you would like us to know. We will always respond back. If you prefer email, that is great, too. However, PLEASE do not rely on email for something very important/time sensitive, since many days are very busy and we may not see it until after school. If something is URGENT & time sensitive, please call the office and our wonderful secretaries will call down to our room.
2. HOW DO I LOG ON TO MY CHILD'S GOOGLE CLASSROOM PAGE?
Answer: Go to GMAIL. Type in their LOGIN: LUNCH # @jacksonsd.org Their PASSWORD is their lunch#with the @ symbol ( 123456@), unless you changed it.
3. How do I know if my child has an assignment on Google Classroom?
Answer: It will be written on their WEEKLY HOMEWORK PAPER that will be sent home every Monday. Please sign each night, so we know you have seen the assignments.
Please check our GC page daily to see updates and assignments. Your child is responsible for all his/her assignments. GO to your child's Gmail. Then,click on the waffle (9 dots at the top of your Gmail page). Then, scroll down to find GOOGLE CLASSROOM. Click ASSIGNMENTS to see ASSIGNMENTS and STREAM to see updates.
4. Please note: If your child rides the bus home, and there is a change, you MUST let us know by writing a note, sending an emai in the A.M., or contacting the office. We are not allowed to change procedures without your permission. We cannot believe," My mom/dad/grandma told me......" Safety is our FIRST priority. Thank you for helping us!
Please feel free to email us BOTH with ANY questions or concerns. We are here to help!
We look forward to a great year!
Mrs. Alkalay & Mrs. Sanzone
Mrs. Alkalay, Mrs. Sanzone, & Mrs. McLauglin
Dear Awesome 3rd Graders & Terrific Parents,
Happy New Year 2021! We are off to a great start! Thank you for your help and patience during the opening of our SYNCHRONIZED school year! Please welcome our student teacher, Mrs. Acquaviva! Mrs. Acquaviva has 2 sons (ages 6 and 8). She will be with us everyday! YAY!!!! Also, we are excited to welcome back Mrs. Sanzone from her maternity leave.
- We will be using GOOGLE CLASSROOMS for most assignments. Please check and sign your child's RED HOMEWORK NOTEBOOK for daily assignments. GMAIL Account Info: LOG IN: LUNCHemail@example.com PASSWORD: LUNCH#@
(unless you, the parent, changed it yourself). Then, go to the WAFFLE (9 dots for the apps and click on CLASSROOM. It's a green & yellow chalkboard.
- Each student will get their own bucket (no sharing to keep us safe) with play dough, markers, and other items to make learning fun!
- We will be eating lunch in the gym.
- We will play a game EVERY DAY!
- We will wipe down our own desks each day before we leave, so we know our classroom is SUPER clean!
LUNCH TIME 10:55-11:25
Due to our shortened day and early lunch, we will NOT have snack time.
Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions. It would be most helpful if you can include BOTH of us (Mrs. Alkalay & Mrs. Sanzone on each email, so we are all on the same "page". See below for our emails.
Mrs. Alkalay, Mrs. Sanzone, Mrs. Polito & Mrs. Acquaviva