Welcome to Mrs. Limongelli's class page!
We are off to a great start this school year! The children have adjusted nicely to being back in school and are doing a great job using the Chromebooks. We really appreciate all of your support and effort at home.
Please remember to check your email and the Classwork section in Google Classroom at lease once a day for important information and messages. In addition, you should check your child's completed and missing assignments by going into Google Classroom, under the Classwork tab and hitting, "View your work" located above the daily assignments. This will bring you to a page where you can view your child's work by hitting the different tabs on the left side of the page.
If you have not joined Google Classroom, please click on the link to do so.
You must join the classroom by 5 pm Monday to ensure your child will have work assignments posted on Tuesday
In order to be able to participate in the mandatory specials beginning on Tuesday, September 8th, you will need to sign up for the Specials Google Classroom page. Please click on the link below if you have NOT yet joined.
We are excited to start the school year with your child on Tuesday, September 8th whether your child attends in person with us or we will be connecting with them remotely in the afternoon. Before we go into further detail regarding Tuesday, September 8th please read the important information for our classroom below.
- We are a PEANUT FREE classroom. We have students in the classroom with a peanut allergy. If you send in birthday treats, please be mindful of our students with peanut allergies when choosing treats to send in. Keep in mind this year, birthday treats must be individually packaged.
- If you have not joined Google Classroom, please be sure to do this by tomorrow, Saturday (9/5/2020) by 5 pm so we can begin to schedule assignments to post on Tuesday morning. You can click on the link for the directions to join our Google Classroom: Steps to Join Google Classroom. Our class code is 5sn7ykw.
- We need to take a daily lunch count in the morning so the cafeteria staff can prepare for lunch. We will be emailing you a Google Form for the days when your child is in person. This form will tell us if they are bringing lunch or will be getting a hot or cold lunch from the cafeteria. We will email the form to you the day before. Please complete the form by 8:30 am. We have attached the lunch order form for you to preview. Students in Group 2 will receive their form on Monday afternoon. Students in Group 1 will receive their form on Tuesday afternoon. **Please do not fill out the form linked in this document. You can click on the link to view what the form looks like: Daily Lunch Order
Below we have listed information for a smooth transition to this unusual start to our school year.
- When your child is working remotely, we will post their assignments in Google Classroom for them to work on before we connect with them in the afternoon.
- When your child is working remotely, all of their assignments for that day will be posted on Google Classroom by 8:15am.
- When your child is attending school in-person, you need to check Google Classroom for assignments that need to be completed after their in-person dismissal.
- On Tuesday, September 8th, we will have a Google Meet with Group 1 at 2:00 pm. The link for the Google Meet will appear on our Google Classroom page (see image below). The meet link will show up where the blue circle is a few minutes prior to our meeting. If you don’t see the link, you may need to refresh the page.
- On Wednesday, September 9th we will have a Google Meet with Group 2 at 2:00 pm. The link for the Google Meet will appear on our Google Classroom page (see image below). The meet link will show up where the blue circle is a few minutes prior to our meeting. If you don’t see the link, you may need to refresh the page.
Thank you for your support. We hope you have a great weekend. We look forward to seeing all of the students next week!
Mrs. Rochette and Mrs. Limongelli
Dear First Grade Friend and Family,
Welcome to First Grade! I hope you have been enjoying your summer and having lots of fun! I am so excited to have you in class this year!
We are lucky to have Mrs. Limongelli co-teaching with us this year. We are going to have so much fun learning and growing together.
Mrs. Limongelli and I have been at school getting the classroom ready for you and your classmates. We have all the school supplies you’ll need ready for you at your desk to use during your in-person days.
The only items you’ll need to bring to school in your backpack on the first day are:
*a pocket pack of tissues to keep at your desk for your own use
*a pair of headphones for you to use with your chromebook (both in school and on remote days). Please keep your headphones in a ziploc bag that is labeled with your name. Headphones will come home daily.
*your fully charged district issued Chromebook
If you would like, you can bring a seat cushion for your desk chair.
Below is a list of items you will need to be sure to have available to use at home during your remote learning days. Please let us know if you have any trouble getting any of the materials listed and we can gladly help you out.
*small box of crayons
*a pair of scissors
You should bring a water bottle with you everyday to have at your desk. Water fountains will not be used. You may also want to keep a sweatshirt or sweater in your backpack in case you get chilly in the classroom. We will have hand sanitizer available in the classroom. If you would like, your child can bring in their own hand sanitizer and keep it at their desk. Finally, please be sure to carry a spare mask in your backpack (labeled in a ziploc bag).
You will access all assignments on our Google Classroom. Our classroom code is 5sn7ykw. If you need steps on how to join Google Classroom, please click on the attached link: Steps to Join Google Classroom. We ask that you please join Google Classroom before the beginning of the school year.
Google Meet login information for students on Remote Learning Days will be forthcoming.
We use Remind as a method of communication with parents. Click on the following link for information on how to join Remind: Remind Directions. We ask that you please join Remind before the beginning of the school year.
We’re so excited to begin our year together and we can’t wait to meet you in-person on Tuesday, September 8th (group 2) or Wednesday, September 9th (group 1). We hope you enjoy the rest of your summer!!
Mrs. Rochette and Mrs. Limongelli