Mrs. Rudenjak & Miss Zecca's Class:
THINGS TO NOTE:
-Please send in a SNACK daily for your child to eat during our 10-minute snack break. There will not be a lunch period during the school day.
-Please remind your child to CHARGE their CHROMEBOOK each night.
-Spring Break is April 2-9th. (first day back is April 12th)
-If you want a yearbook, go to yearbookforever.com and enter Elms Elementary School.
- Special Areas time changed to 11:15-11:45 daily. ART is for the next 15 days.
- It is very important that the Chromebook is fully charged before arrival at school.
(Info. from Mr. Burgos & Mr. Levinson)
CONSISTENCY OF INSTRUCTION IS IMPORTANT:
- Students will be expected to attend every day, and to not flip between in-person instruction and synchronous instruction. The only exception would be for in-person students who are ill or need to stay home due to the reasons outlined in Mr. Burgos' email that was emailed to all families (on Feb. 24th). Under those circumstances, please notify your child’s teacher that your child will be learning synchronously from home, temporarily.
IMPORTANT: If you are wanting your child to learn synchronously on a full-time basis (meaning, they would not come back to in-person learning at all), you must contact your child’s principal to discuss that.
Remember, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.
Mrs. Rudenjak & Ms. Zecca
Many parents have already seen the benefits of joining Remind. Please consider joining the Remind App in order to be connected via texts.
The Remind info. is as follows:
- Send a text to 81010
- Text this message:
Science/Social Studies: 11:05-11:45
Please support your child at home to help them problem solve when doing homework or if your child lets you know they're struggling with a concept. Utilizing online sites is a great way to reinforce skills learned in school.
Also, it is imperative that your child is fluent with Multiplication facts up to 12 times tables. The topics moving forward, such as Fractions and Division, requires the students to have mastery of their facts. Utilizing online sites or just plain old-fashion flashcards are great resources for your child to practice daily.
If you forgot your Math book or need additional help with your Math HW, please use the online resources. Savvas Realize will give you examples of your math lessons in addition to math videos that will reteach the lesson.
Classroom Rules & Behaviors That Support Learning:
School needs to be a safe and happy place to come to everyday.
- Show respect towards each other
- Interact appropriately with classmates
- Use good word choice & actions when disagreeing with someone(self-control)
- Put forth good effort consistently
- Stay on task and focused to learn, consistently
- Follow directions, consistently