Mrs. Rudenjak's Class:
- Lil Shoppers Shopping: Nov. 29th at school (paper went home)
- Picture Make-Ups: Monday, Dec. 4th
- Upcoming Holiday Party: Parents are invited- 12/20th 10:15-11:00
Important Daily Routines:
- Students should bring their Chromebooks fully charged each day.
- Please check their student planner for assigned homework and other important school information. ( PARENT INITIALS AT THE BOTTOM OF EACH DAY.)
- We will have time for a "working snack" daily.
If you would like to donate helpful items for our class: (Thank you to those who already donated items to the class.)
- Dry snacks, such as graham crackers or pretzels(in case a student forgets a snack)
- small cups
- STEM items: paper towel inside tube, toilet paper inside tube, wooden disposable skewers, empty coffee cans, pie tins
Mrs. Rudenjak's 4th Grade Expectations:
- Please send your child in with earbuds/headphones labeled with their name in a plastic bag.
- Optional: Bring in a pencil pouch/box to help organize their writing supplies
- Have your child wear multiple layers to school. Sometimes, parts of the building vary in temperature. We also go outside for recess if the weather permits.
- Please check your child's backpack for excessive toys and fidgets. They are distractions during lessons.
Please consider joining the Remind App to connect via text without using our own personal cell numbers. Many parents have already seen the benefits of joining Remind. ( I use Remind to send reminders for events such as Book Fair and Picture Day.)
The Remind info. is as follows:
- Send a text to 81010
- Text this message: @abbdf98
- It's that simple! I'll send you a message back to confirm you are a part of my Remind group.
Information about spirit days and fundraisers is posted on the Elms website.Scroll down for more information......
Special Areas: 9:25-10:05
Literacy Block: 11:10-12:55
Math Block: 1:35-2:35
Please support your child at home to help them problem solve when doing homework or if your child lets you know they're struggling with a concept. Utilizing online sites is a great way to reinforce skills learned in school.
Also, it is imperative that your child is fluent with Multiplication facts up to 12 times tables. The topics moving forward, such as Fractions and Division, requires the students to have mastery of their facts. Utilizing online sites or just plain old-fashion flashcards are great resources for your child to practice daily.
I assign homework Mon.-Thurs. most weeks. The homework is posted on the whiteboard daily and then should be written in your student planner. The planner is used as a form of communication; reminders of assigned HW and notes to parents/or me.
If you forgot your Math book or need additional help with your Math HW, please use the online resources. Savvas Realize will give you examples of your math lessons in addition to math videos that will reteach the lesson. Please email me if you forget any homework in school because I might give you an alternate assignment.
Classroom Rules & Behaviors That Support Learning:
School needs to be a safe and happy place to come to everyday.
- Show respect towards each other
- Interact appropriately with classmates
- Use good word choice & actions when disagreeing with someone(self-control)
- Put forth good effort consistently
- Stay on task and focused to learn, consistently
- Follow directions, consistently