Below is an outline of the Week 3: Mrs. Rudenjak's 5 Day Remote Learning Lesson Plans for the week of March 30-April 3,2020.
I'm using this Teacher Class Page and Remote Learning Google Classroom as the main way to communicate all lesson assignments and directions. There may be A LOT of information on these sites, so please remember to read it thoroughly to be able to follow all directions and understand the assigned work. Remember, we will always be available to communicate with anyone that needs clarification through email, Remind App or even on the Google Classroom site(you can make a comment for us to read).
Mrs. Rudenjak & Ms. Prugno :)
Click on the link below to see the 5 Day Lesson Plan for your assignments:
NOTE: Mrs. Williams's Literacy Read 180 class will use her assignments and NOT the Literacy assignments found on this link of the 5 Day lesson plans. Ms. Prugno will also reach out to certain students for other important information on how to follow this week's assignments.
Outline & Procedures For Remote Learning Assignments: March 30-April 3,2020
1. Daily Reading Log- WEEK 3: Free Choice Reading Log
- Link to "Remote Learning in Google Classroom" (Live link)
- Log your reading and type directly on that document M-Fri. once you have completed 20 minutes of reading.
2. Reading Response for Free Choice Reading:WEEK 3
- Link to "Remote Learning: Mrs. Rudenjak & Ms. Prugno" in Google Classroom (Live link)
- First, read the "Reading Response Assignment Directions", and then use the other attachment to do the work on the Google Slides assigned to you.
3. LITERACY: Reading & Writing about the American Revolution Assignment
- Use the notes you took and the videos to support your writing.
- Continue your essay you started in school.
- It is found in Google Classroom in the link below:
- Mrs. Rudenjak & Ms. Prugno 2019-2020 Google Classroom (Live link)
***There are "Mentor Texts" links on the L. Rudenjak: Remote Learning 5 Day Lesson Plans outline to help you with your essay.
American Revolution Resources:
There are links of articles available to read and video shorts to watch about the American Revolution on the 5 Day Lesson Plan to support your essay assigned to you for Literacy.
NOTE: Ms. Prugno will be emailing Read 180 students a separate Social Studies assignment, so please check your email from her.
- Go to the "5 Day lesson plan" and scroll down to find the American Revolution resources and video links.
- 5 Day Remote Learning Lesson Plan (Live link)
4. MATH ASSIGNMENTS:
- All Math assignments will be assigned on the Pearson Realize website. Click the link below:
Math Site Pearson Realize (Live Link)
Directions on how to Sign In to Pearson(Live Link)
Use the 5 Day Lesson Plan to follow each day for the proper assignments:
- Visual Learning Video
- Practice Buddy
- Continue to practice your math facts on XtraMath
-Please encourage your child to utilize online sites such as Pearson Realize and Khan Academy Math Site to help troubleshoot questionable concepts or to just simply help support the math topics learned in school.
-Once on Pearson Realize, choose "programs" and then the topic and lesson. Your child's sign-in information will be in their planner under the 'Notes' section. They are familiar with this routine.
Extra Sites and Ideas for Additional Activities:
- Spelling City.com
- Create a Google Slides project such as how to do something, create a storybook or something about your virtual field trip.
ENRICHMENT TUESDAY MORNING GROUP: Here are the links to get to the Enrichment Google Classroom:
2019-2020 Elms Enrichment Class- this link is to the Classroom we use at school
Link to Ms. Sulia's Google Classroom- this link is to see other activities posted by Ms. Sulia
This coming Monday, April 6th look for an email from me and Ms. Sulia to arrange a Google Hangout chat.
**Please click on the link to hear this message from Our Elms Community:(updated 4/1/2020)
Greeting Message (3/30/2020)
Parents, if you have not done so already, please sign up with the "Remind" app. for Mrs. Rudenjak's 4th Grade Class (free to download):
- Enter this number- 81010
- Text this message- @lrudenja
- I’ll be sending out reminders as needed.
WEEKLY SPECIALS SCHEDULE: 11:35-12:15
Wednesday: World Language
NOTE: Shortened Schedule: the day ends at 1:35pm
Please support your child at home to help them problem solve when doing homework or if your child lets you know they're struggling with a concept. Utilizing online sites is a great way to reinforce skills learned in school.
Also, it is imperative that your child is fluent with Multiplication facts up to 12 times tables. The topics moving forward, such as Fractions and Division, requires the students to have mastery of their facts. Utilizing online sites or just plain old-fashion flashcards are great resources for your child to practice daily.
If you have any questions or concerns throughout the year, please feel free to email me or contact me by phone. I will try to get back to you as soon as possible. I look forward to a wonderful and rewarding year!
- Homework is usually assigned M-Th unless otherwise noted.
- (abbreviations to know: worksheet: WS, homework: HW, Words Their Way: WTW)
- Planner: please check and have a parent sign the planner daily
- Your child should read 20 minutes each day. Encourage them to continue to read their current book until they finish it.
- Test Folder: A folder will come home with graded work a few times a month. Please review the work, sign the cover sheet after reviewing the work and then return all the work on the "Return" side.
- Toys are not encouraged to be brought to school unless otherwise directed. This can distract the students from learning.
- Any Online Site that we use in class, the username and password information will be written in your child's Planner in the "notes" section.
The students will have recess every day. Recess may be outside, so appropriate outerwear and shoes are recommended.
Parents, when the students are off from school, there are many things your child could do to help them progress and learn. Some great activities would be playing math games on the computer such as Prodigy, play Multiplication War, go on Spelling City to work on the current word list, and of course, read a good book. Story writing or taking notes on their favorite topic in a nonfiction book or article is another way to keep them learning at home. I certainly appreciate all the support you do at home.
If you forgot your Math book or need additional help with your Math HW, please use the online resources. Pearson Realize will give you examples of your math lessons in addition to math videos that will reteach the lesson.
If you forgot your HW in school, please work on the current day's Math lesson online and email me to let me know that you did an online assignment.
Classroom Rules & Behaviors That Support Learning:
School needs to be a safe and happy place to come to everyday.
- Show respect towards each other
- Interact appropriately with classmates
- Use good word choice & actions when disagreeing with someone(self-control)
- Put forth good effort consistently
- Stay on task and focused to learn, consistently
- Follow directions, consistently