Welcome to Mrs. Rutyna's Class!!!
You can reach me by email at: email@example.com or by phone at 732-833-4680
Please remember all resources are located on our Google Classroom.
Below is a list of our daily work expectations during Remote Learning:
1. Check your email and Google Classroom.
2. Log 30 minutes of reading onto Grades 3-5 Log and "Turn In"
3. Complete Link It assignment and "Turn In"
4. Create Your Own Personal Dictionary and "Turn In"
5. Math & STEM Activities 1 & 2: Complete and attach to a doc and submit via Google Classroom:
💥💥First, you will title the Doc with your name and the date, and the assignment name (the one on the sheet itself- Ex: Math Topic 5: Use Strategies & Properties to Divide by 1-Digit Numbers)
💥💥Then, you will type your answers for all 3 activities (2 STEM and 1 Math). Then you will go the
📓MATH 📓 assignment on Google Classroom, hit attach, Add (from Drive), and "Turn In" the assignment. You can attach all 3 assignments on one doc under the MATH assignment.
6. Social Studies: Follow directions on the assignment.
7. Complete Xtra Math
***Please don't forget to check special area websites daily for assignments and practice. (Mrs. Sendecki, Mr. D'Ambrosio, Ms. Clark, Mrs. Barton-Thrift, Mr. Bryan)From Mrs. Feibelman:Below, please find a few resources you, your students, and your students' families can refer to regarding managing stress and anxiety.https://www.nasponline.org/
resources-and-publications/ resources-and-podcasts/school- climate-safety-and-crisis/ health-crisis-resources/ talking-to-children-about- covid-19-(coronavirus)-a- parent-resourceBelow, please find activities to reduce stress.https://extension.psu.edu/ programs/betterkidcare/ knowledge-areas/environment- curriculum/activities/all- activities/stress-busting- activities-for-young-children
Pearson Access Letter for Your ReferenceS.T.E.M Donation RequestThis year our class will be participating in exciting S.T.E.M. engineering projects that
get students involved in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math with hands-on,
engaging projects. We need your help collecting materials. Here are some things that
we could use for the second unit:
-large bag of rice
Reader's Workshop and Writer's Worshop
Science/ Social Studies
Health-All students in fourth grade during the year will acquire health promotion concepts and skills to support a healthy, active lifestyle. Some of the big ideas that will be addressed throughout the marking period are personal health practices, how most diseases and health conditions are preventable, and living a drug free life. Students will be introduced to My Plate, an initiative created by Michelle Obama to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
Some of the school wide activities will include Red Ribbon Week, the DARE program, Halloween Safety, Drug Awareness Poster Contest, and School Violence Awareness Week. Fourth grade classroom teachers will follow up with discussions and activities in literacy, science, and/or recess.
Check back at another time!!
Lunch: 11:01-11:31We will have a working snack break daily. Please send in a healthy, nut-free snack each day.
Monday- Music with Miss Clark
Tuesday-Art with Mr. Bryan
Wednesday- Computers with Mrs. Sendecki
Gym with Mr. D'Ambrosio (Don't forget to wear sneakers!!)
Friday-World Language with Senora Barton-ThriftMathFast Facts:
Please study, memorize, and practice your math facts. If you are still on your 2 times tables PRACTICE!!!!.All must practice flash cards at home or go to the math magician web site.When you earn a certificate, print it and bring it to school so I can hang it in the class room!!To access your math text book online:Login to your Gmail. Go to the waffle at the top right and hit that.Click "More" then scroll all the way down. Hit the Pearson Easy Bridge Login icon and you're in!!Or
Math Text Book Log in: (username and password in planners)
Click Sign In
Username: Lunch Code@jtsd-nj
Let me know if you need help logging in!
Dear Parents,Here's some important information that you might find helpful:
- Planners: Please be sure to sign your child's planner daily in the box located at the bottom of the page. Each time your child completes their homework, reads and fills in their log, and gets their planner signed, they get a sticker on their incentive charts located at the front of their planner. When they fill up their charts, they get a free homework pass.
- Tests and other important events will also be listed in their planners.
- Test Folders: Each week folders will be coming home with your child with tests, quizzes, and other graded items. Please be sure to sign each item and return it to school the next day.
Reading Logs: Students will be required to read daily and complete a reading log as part of their nightly homework. This is a GRADED assignment.